Eric Atreides

Easter Weekend Thread: Official Weekend Actuals: RPO $41.8M ($53.7M 4-Day), Acrimony $17.2M, BP $11.5M, ICOI $10.4M, PRU $9.4M, IOD $2.9M, GND3 $2.7M

3 hours ago, 75Live said:

doesn't have to be today :P  

but yeah when you do, we can talk about all the stuff then.  in the meantime, avoid the review thread for this obviously :P 

Well, it doesn't have to be today...but I'm working all 4 days this weekend, and I can't wait till Tuesday.  :)

18 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That is a very good start, especially for a Wednesday. It could be frontloaded, but a number like that definitely could push the 4-day total to O/U 50M, which would significantly increase this movie's chances at 100M DOM.

GI Joe 2 did $122m on a $51m four day opening so I think RPO has a shot of doing more than that even with Rampage two weeks later 

• Like 4

Is this movie riding on nostalgia? The movie looks fun but I'm really watching it later because of certain characters that are in this apparently.

Really want this and Rampage to surprise!

Edited by Cookson

3 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Is this movie riding on nostalgia? The movie looks fun but I'm really watching it later because of certain characters that are in this apparently.

Really want this and Rampage to surprise!

It's obviously got tons of references but you have to expect the film to flow fine without understanding a single reference.

Edited by IronJimbo

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m rooting for RPO to overperform, it’d be nice to see another huge blockbuster. Especially due to how dismal March is.

It should be a good couple of weeks. Rampage will likely open to $40M+ while A Quiet Place and Blockers should do very solid business.

5 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

That is such an arbitrary comparison. 

One of the very few recent (last 5 year's, before that previews were often midnight one and not comparable to today) wednesday previews on that list that was not already name:

http://www.boxofficereport.com/previewgrosses.html

Was pretty much that one or Baby Driver/End of the world or The Hangover Part III, a large budget franchise movie with some pre-established fanbase like a Star Trek felt closer than those.

Still a bad comparable too (Star trek did like 70m from that preview number... there is just not many to pick from.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3