SLAM!

Uncut Gems | A24 | December 13th, 2019 | dir. Safdie brothers (Good Time) | Not Your Average Adam Sandler Movie | Now on Criterion!

34 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And Adam Sandler has sucesfully made the jump from comedian to respected serious actor....a leap many attempt but few actually make.

He made serious movies in the past. Reign Over Me and Punch Drunk Love already proved he can be a serious actor with serious material.

Thing is: general audiences enjoy the funny Snadler and the cheesy laughable movies he usually does. That's why Punch Drunk Love got a D+ CinemaScore, while most of his movies get A or B CinemaScores. I suspect Uncut Gems will suffer the same fate if it gets pooled.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

He made serious movies in the past. Reign Over Me and Punch Drunk Love already proved he can be a serious actor with serious material.

Thing is: general audiences enjoy the funny Snadler and the cheesy laughable movies he usually does. That's why Punch Drunk Love got a D+ CinemaScore, while most of his movies get A or B CinemaScores. I suspect Uncut Gems will suffer the same fate if it gets pooled.

This.

23 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Audiences enjoyed Sandler's chessy movies a few years ago, His comedies have not been doing all that well lately.

As for Cinemascores, that just proves the old statement "The Masses Are Asses".

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Audiences enjoyed Sandler's chessy movies a few years ago, His comedies have not been doing all that well lately.

As for Cinemascores, that just proves the old statement "The Masses Are Asses".

He's had a rebirth on Netflix for his comedies - not in terms of quality but in audience. They're huge there.

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

He's had a rebirth on Netflix for his comedies - not in terms of quality but in audience. They're huge there.

True, but it has been a long time since a Sandler Comedy has done as well in theaters, as his comedies did at the height of his popularity.

Just read Sandler's net worth is 420 Million dollars..which means he is rich and does not have to worry about doing a film just for a paycheck ever again. 

Which means he is free to do nothing but films like "Uncut Jewels" if that is the route he wants to go.

57 minutes ago, dudalb said:

"The Masses Are Asses".

Asses or not, they're asses who pay to see the movies. Thanks to the asses, he had several profitable movies, lol. 

It's funny that you talked about "asses". Some reviews say

Spoiler

this movie's opening scene literally shows Sandler's butthole during a colonoscopy.

49 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Should be an international Netflix release on Jan 31st then. Great to finally see a proper international release date.

Furthermore, it will release in some cinemas in the UK and Ireland on January 10th. 

5 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Coming to Netflix Canada on Jan 31 so looking forward to that.

Super Bowl weekend? Perfect! I'll watch this on Friday, probably see The Rhythm Section on Saturday, then the big game on Sunday.

Watched the movie. Unfortunately it is not my cup of tea. Adam is the same as the guy in his comedies: annoying. I am wondering how many f**k/f**kings he said in the movie. I bet more than a thousand. 

Edited by kkccoo