Plain Old Tele

Upgrade | Blumhouse | June 1, 2018 | TV Series sequel in the works

3 hours ago, Alli said:

82% on RT :Venom:

It could still drop, but I'm definitenly going to see it. The promotional material checks all the right boxes to pique my interest. Low budget high concept adult sci-fi thriller (The Machine as a recent example).

Edited by ThePhasmid

It appears audiences like it more than critics right now (the voter count is still relatively low right now, though). I guess this film delivers as advertised. Also, my local theater(s) are really short on showtimes. Only 4 for today. Almost all of them in the evening.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1

This is super entertaining and inventive, really enjoyed it.  Was nice to go into a film without watching a single trailer because I felt legitimately surprised at where the story headed at points.  Haven't felt that way about a new film for a loooong time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

This is a Blumhouse Tilt movie that actually looks decent. It won’t find a theatrical audience though.

It seems to be selling pretty well at the late shows at my theatre, at least. Could get over $5m for the weekend.

1 hour ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

It seems to be selling pretty well at the late shows at my theatre, at least. Could get over $5m for the weekend.

I'd believe it. Reception is growing. A film enthusiast friend of mine also went to see it tonight; it must really be getting exposure.

• Community Manager

This film is GREAT. Probably my favorite science fiction movie of the YEAR so far. Yes i liked it even better than Annihilation. It's loads of fun, has great action scenes, and I loved it's focus on characters. 

10/10 recommend go see in theaters ASAP people. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, That One Guy said:

This is super entertaining and inventive, really enjoyed it.  Was nice to go into a film without watching a single trailer because I felt legitimately surprised at where the story headed at points.  Haven't felt that way about a new film for a loooong time.

6 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

This film is GREAT. Probably my favorite science fiction movie of the YEAR so far. Yes i liked it even better than Annihilation. It's loads of fun, has great action scenes, and I loved it's focus on characters. 

10/10 recommend go see in theaters ASAP people. 

Great to hear! I will ckeck it out too when (if) it comes out here.

• Like 1