baumer

Tuesday numbers RPO 5.4

14 hours ago, Porthos said:

I think it might get better than 50% drops.  It had a better post-Easter Tuesday jump (+6.16%) than Cinderella 2015 (-2.4%) and BatB (-19.8%).  Now BatB is a little off since the relevant post-Easter Tuesday came later in its run (April 18), but AWiT might be developing late legs.

If AWiT has the same week to week drop for both Wed and Thr as it did for yesterday (-28%), that gives it a weekly drop of approx 34% (8.4 from 12.7).

That's fairly comparable to Cinderella's Week Four drop of -32.2% (which was also had Easter Weekend in it).  AWiT also had comparable drops to Cinderella in Week Two (AWiT: -52% v C2015: -48.6%) and Week Three (AWiT: -40.4% vs C2015: -45.6%).

Here's the rest of Cinderella's Weekly drops:

If AWiT follows those weekly drops exactly (which it won't, but let's just play along) from a mooted 8.4 Week Four it gets 13.98m more after this coming Thur.  

That would give it a final total of 100.9m, give or take.

Now I don't know what caused Cinderella 2015 to get those weekly drops, but that might be a Best Case Scenario for AWiT given that the film was released in a relatively similar calendar placement and it has Easter around the same time.

Not predicting it, no.  Laying out a very optimistic scenario?  Well...

giphy.gif&key=756c732c950485e7c536d79be4

The only difference I really see here is who Disney decides to give the Avengers Drive In boost to, Black Panther or WiT. Obviously, the latter needs more money, but the former is a better “fit” 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, setna said:

Next monday will be day 53 th, guessing on tuesday go up, on wednesday will fall under 1 million, that is day 55 th....anyway, i´m agree is exceptional, beating Avengers that was 52 days...

For reference, Avatar made it to 80 days before dropping below on its 81st (monday).

Edits:

Also Shrek 2 made it 54 days over $1m, dropping on its 55th.

Also the beast that was Titanic made it 101 days, dropping on 102nd!!

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 1