sfran43

Wednesday's Numbers RPO: 4M

1 hour ago, November Treejax said:

and people said I was mad when I watched Baby Driver 7 times.

BD is really good saw that 3 times. Most i watched a movie at theaters was 5 times. TDK got that honor. 3-4 times for movies i really enjoyed. Movies get so quickly on Blu-Ray so there is no point in wasting money so much when you can own it on Blu-Ray in 3-4 months after you watched it

43 minutes ago, svenson said:

BD is really good saw that 3 times. Most i watched a movie at theaters was 5 times. TDK got that honor. 3-4 times for movies i really enjoyed. Movies get so quickly on Blu-Ray so there is no point in wasting money so much when you can own it on Blu-Ray in 3-4 months after you watched it

Not for me, much cheaper to rewatch it in the cinema. I have a cinema subscription so can watch films as many times as I want. 

I see about 8 films a month I guess? And cinema costs £17/month. So cinema trip is effectively worth £2. Compare that to blu ray which is £15 to buy. Buying it for home viewing is way overpriced in my opinion, so I rarely buy blu rays any more. Sometimes buy second hand DVDs for 50p lol :) otherwise I only watch whats on Netflix. The value of films has plummeted for me - I mean for £25 each month (less than 2 blurays), I get as many films on Netflix at home as I want, and as many films in the cinema as I want. It is very difficult for me to now justify spending £10 or £15 on a movie.

6 minutes ago, November Treejax said:

Not for me, much cheaper to rewatch it in the cinema. I have a cinema subscription so can watch films as many times as I want. 

I see about 8 films a month I guess? And cinema costs £17/month. So cinema trip is effectively worth £2. Compare that to blu ray which is £15 to buy. Buying it for home viewing is way overpriced in my opinion, so I rarely buy blu rays any more. Sometimes buy second hand DVDs for 50p lol :) otherwise I only watch whats on Netflix. The value of films has plummeted for me - I mean for £25 each month (less than 2 blurays), I get as many films on Netflix at home as I want, and as many films in the cinema as I want. It is very difficult for me to now justify spending £10 or £15 on a movie.

But you can't watch those movies in the theaters after a month anymore. Blu-Ray you can watch them when ever you want for years in fantastic quality

1 minute ago, svenson said:

But you can't watch those movies in the theaters after a month anymore. Blu-Ray you can watch them when ever you want for years in fantastic quality

I was just talking generally about films, I dont buy much blurays any more. I only buy films that I absolutely love and will rewatch for comfort. i also disagree about "fantastic quality" but that may just be due to my setup. blurays look very grainy on my computer.

2 hours ago, November Treejax said:

and people said I was mad when I watched Baby Driver 7 times.

BD- worst Right's movie. Ironically, exactly this is his most successful work.

P.S. Of course, it's just my opinion.

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, November Treejax said:

I was just talking generally about films, I dont buy much blurays any more. I only buy films that I absolutely love and will rewatch for comfort. i also disagree about "fantastic quality" but that may just be due to my setup. blurays look very grainy on my computer.

Well i can see your point if you don't even have a tv or a projector screen

1 hour ago, svenson said:

Well i can see your point if you don't even have a tv or a projector screen

yeah unfortunately I live in a shared house so only really have my bedroom, just use my PC monitor to watch movies. it all looks a bit crap, quite annoying tbh.