Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread | Estimates: AQP 50M, RP1 25M, CKBLK 21.4M, BP 8.4M,

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

So, is A Quiet Place coming for Oscar noms? At the very least I can see it score an Original Screenplay nom.

After seeing the film, there's next to no chance it gets a screenplay nom.  I can definitely see sound noms though

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

RT aud scores

AQP 86%

Blockers 57%

Chappq 69%

Yeah, Blockers is being downvoted by a certain tragic little group again.

Not surprising for a film which has an actual character wearing a fedora and named Chad being the subject of jokes. :hahaha: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Yeah, I think AQP lacks the social relevance to pull at Get Out at the Oscars unless this awards season is really dead.  I also think it’ll be overshadowed by BP as the early blockbuster pick.

Yeah, cause there could only be 1 blockbuster spot. In the meantime, there's never enough spots for mediocre biopics. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

And I’ve continued to read pundits showing faith in it simply because the Blumhouse name is attached to it, even some after admitting the trailer made it look stupid.

People will embrace dumb action if it’s fun, but they want their horror smart.

Well Blumhouse doesn't really put out bad horror so yea I'd have faith in it as well but the trailers were not good at all so it seems to me that this was just a misstep. It happens. 

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

AQP following Split:

$4.3M

$14.7M ($19M OD)

$19.2M

$10.3M

$48.5M OW

Blockers following Game Night:

$1.5M

$5.9M ($7.4M OD)

$8.96M

$5.69M

$22.05M OW

Different times of the year.  Spring Break not only inflates the preview numbers but Fridays.  W/e multipliers are lower across the board.

• Like 1