Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread | Estimates: AQP 50M, RP1 25M, CKBLK 21.4M, BP 8.4M,

Horror is having a resurgence, oddly AQP not only just a success for Paramount but also Michael Bay as he's one of the producers!

It'll be interesting who gets the number 2 spot between RPO and Blockers, I think RPO might edge it 

2 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Amazing. Sidenote..but SXSW is really delivering in terms of buzz with Baby Driver,  RP1 and now AQP.

And Blockers also looking good w/that previews number. A Game Night multiplier off of a mid 20's opening would get it to 90-100M range at the very least.

But yeah, AQP's number is batshit crazy, especially for an entirely original PG-13 horror movie. It could challenge a 50M OW. The Bluntzinski Era has just begun :ohmygod:

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

And Blockers also looking good w/that previews number. A Game Night multiplier off of a mid 20's opening would get it to 90-100M range at the very least.

But yeah, AQP's number is batshit crazy, especially for an entirely original PG-13 horror movie. It could challenge a 50M OW. The Bluntzinski Era has just begun :ohmygod:

They’re actually called the Krunts.

• Astonished 1

Hurray for 2 more premier movies lighting up the box office!

Although to be a little bit Debbie Downer, I won't jump too far on the biggest posted Friday numbers from some of you yet...matinees where I am are slow for AQP (although we are not in spring break), and there's only so high Friday can go with only 7pm and 9:30pm sellouts (which I'm expecting, but which also aren't there yet)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Seriously. They've been on a rough run the past two years or so.

Not to mention, this is the highest rated movie that has Michael Bay’s name attached to it.

It’ll be funny when this outdoes Transformers 5.

6 minutes ago, svenson said:

Horror is so bankable right now. The Nun will do a 70 million OW :ohmygod:

If The Nun does $35-40m in September, it'll be considered a hit, not everything has to reach the heights of IT or AQP