Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread: Rampage 34.5M, AQP 32.6M, ToD 19M, RPO 11.2M, Blockers 10.2M

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's cool at first, but after seeing over 50 movies alone last year, it gets old.

It does get old, but my friends are more into the nightlife :shades: , then the movies. Every once in a while they'll tag along :hug:, but mostly it's just me, and I mean just me :hellothere: . I get a lot of private screenings, due to late night Sunday viewings. :popcorn: So it's either stay at home and watch it using my projector and my movie screen, or go to theatre alone? My Moviepass is well used. :rock:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keanu said:

It does get old, but my friends are more into the nightlife :shades: , then the movies. Every once in a while they'll tag along :hug:, but mostly it's just me, and I mean just me :hellothere: . I get a lot of private screenings, due to late night Sunday viewings. :popcorn: So it's either stay at home and watch it using my projector and my movie screen, or go to theatre alone? My Moviepass is well used. :rock:

emoji game on point

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

China ow shouldn't go below 55m. Pretty much locks 125+ total going by it's rating on Maoyan.

Edit: Just read that it had 15.7 od. Hope ow does 60.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

http://deadline.com/2018/04/dwayne-johnson-rampage-box-office-weekend-a-quiet-place-1202363694/

2nd Update: Paramount’s A Quiet Place continues to amaze with a second estimated weekend off middays of $33M after a $10M Friday. If that holds up, it will take the John Krasinski horror movie to $100M.

Not doing so well: Dwayne Johnson’s Rampage which industry middays show also at $10M, but slipping with a $27M-$28M start well below its anticipated tracking of mid $30Ms. Hopefully this approves over the weekend.

But it’s not A Quiet Place getting in Rampage‘s way, but Universal/Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare which is stealing young females away with a $7.5M Friday and a third place, overindexed start of $17.7M-$18M. You would think that demo would be at A Quiet Place, but they’re headed to Truth or Dare. It’s the guys who are making A Quiet Place work per our sources.

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 2

Just now, POTUS said:

Paramount’s A Quiet Place continues to amaze with a second estimated weekend off middays of $33M after a $10M Friday. If that holds up, it will take the John Krasinski horror movie to $100M.

Not doing so well: Dwayne Johnson’s Rampage which industry middays show also at $10M, but slipping with a $27M-$28M start well below its anticipated tracking of mid $30Ms. Hopefully this approves over the weekend. Who also gets hurt here? Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s Ready Player One which had all those Imax theaters and now has to hand them over to Rampage. Ready Player One will earn an estimated $10.75M third weekend, -56% for a running total of $114.1M by Sunday.

But it’s not A Quiet Place getting in Rampage‘s way, but Universal/Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare which is stealing young females away with a $7.5M Friday and a third place, overindexed start of $17.7M-$18M. You would think that demo would be at A Quiet Place, but they’re headed to Truth or Dare. It’s the guys who are making A Quiet Place work per our sources.  

Uni’s Blockers is looking at $2.5M in its second Friday and $9.5M for weekend 2 at this early time which is -54% for a $36.1M ten-day total by Sunday.

China will not make Rampage into a hit, but might well  cause the studio to get it's budget back.

A scenario that is happening more and more.

And which is why Studio Execs are really concerned that in the Trade War with China (thank you, Mr. President) Chine will decide that US films would make a good target for retaliation....

Yikes @ the Rampage estimate. I can’t see why it would have better legs than TR did, especially with IW coming right around the corner. Also bad for RPO if that holds. WB took a loss on Justice League, which made roughly 1x its budget DOM and 3x WW. TR, RPO, and Rampage are all looking to be in a similar 3x their budget WW boat, except none will make their budget back DOM. Whether any of them end up profitable or not, it won’t be by much. Without China, all three would have been bonafide bombs. WB is not in good shape.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

Niiiiiiiiiiiice for A Quiet Place. Hopefully it goes up more later

Rampage: notgreatbob.gif

Anything Truth or Dare makes at this point is a win; idk if that 7.5M number is going to hold though.

It was pretty clear by weekdays that Blockers would be dropping O/U 50%, but I didn't expect it to hit the mid-50s. YIKES

That's a fucking horrendous hold for Ready Player One. It's going to need a strong Saturday to even get down to the low-50s

Edited by WrathOfHan