Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread: Rampage 34.5M, AQP 32.6M, ToD 19M, RPO 11.2M, Blockers 10.2M

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

His only real misses recently have been the ones that were most susceptible to flopping in the first place (an adaptation of a mythological character that has been done many times before, a reboot of a TV show that nobody actually liked even when it was popular, and now a movie based on an arcade game). With the man cranking out so many movies, it's not surprising he isn't infallible. 

Hercules I remember actually did a bit better than expected 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

The misuse of the word f*** in this thread is grating and I don't mean 'fuck'.

No room for nuance on this train, my friend. 

Let the middle ground die. Kill it, if you have to. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Rampage's poor debut is an Avengers suppression effect. People are saving up their desire to see apocalyptic smashing of cities and the like for the Avengers, and The Rock is suffering as a consequence.

I'm sure he'll be okay, once the 20M check clears...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The Rock is a draw, but he’s definitely not a consistent draw. 

Outside of franchises, it’s very hit and miss. 

I love him, and i loved the trailer of rampage, i am actually really exited to go see the movie, loved jumanji. 

I am a fan of him as a movie star and as a person, i even once downloaded a alarm clock of him, but for me a movie star is only a draw when we know a movie wouldn't make as much money as it did if that actor wasn't in it.

5 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

AQP is going to fall hard on Sat because of the massive horror bump it received on Friday 13th.

Rampage should take first place. Good for The Rock.

I don't think it will fall, not if you base it off other horror films that did not open on Friday the 13th but had their second week or beyond, fall on Friday the 13th.  It might have a muted increase, but I don't think it will fall today.

Truth or Dare should fall by about 20-25% today.  It should still hit 17 for the weekend.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

His only real misses recently have been the ones that were most susceptible to flopping in the first place (an adaptation of a mythological character that has been done many times before, a reboot of a TV show that nobody actually liked even when it was popular, and now a movie based on an arcade game). With the man cranking out so many movies, it's not surprising he isn't infallible. 

Baywatch was a really big tv show and had a really big cultural impact worldwide.