That One Girl

The Hunt | Universal | March 13, 2020 | Coming to VOD on Friday March 20

This sounds exactly like the kind of movie I'd enjoy at least as a guilty pleasure (like I did with Velvet Buzzsaw). I'd say I'm at least a little excited to watch this. Also I think Betty Gilpin is great so it's good to hear that she's the best part of the film.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

This sounds exactly like the kind of movie I'd enjoy at least as a guilty pleasure (like I did with Velvet Buzzsaw). I'd say I'm at least a little excited to watch this. Also I think Betty Gilpin is great so it's good to hear that she's the best part of the film.

How long before Lindelof announces Watchmen 2 now

I really loved this film. Had a blast. The opening set up is full of shocks and I actually audibly gasped at one of the deaths. They don’t hold back on the violence and gore. 

If you’re on the fence: go. 

It’ll be in my top 10 of the year, easily. 

Betty Gilpin killed it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

I don’t understand how you can be shocked by deaths in this movie if you’ve ever seen something like FEAST before. This was aping it down to the “funny” archetypical character names.

If you didn’t jump at the first death then I don’t know what to say lol. Don’t worry, I’ve seen a lot of horror films. 

It only gets good in the third act, and the last 30 minutes are actually pretty great. I think they made some decisions to break our expectations that ended up compromising the movie. To be more specific:

Spoiler

I think it was hard to care about the main character fighting back when we don't see her actually being hunted and trying to figure out what's happening. I feel like they rushed through the hunt just for the sake of not being obvious.

Yeah, this is clearly feels like it was written by Damon Lindelof but I really, really enjoyed it. The politics of the movie is pretty unsubtle and nowhere near as complex as Lindelof's other recent work but I think don't they really care. The movie indulges in its goofiness and works really well as a gory and hilarious movie than a political satire. Betty Gilpin was also great in this. Really fun time.

Edit: Want to make it clear. The movie has a lot of people talking politics in it but it isn't a political movie.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, this is clearly feels like it was written by Damon Lindelof but I really, really enjoyed it. The politics of the movie is pretty unsubtle and nowhere near as complex as Lindelof's other recent work but I think don't they really care. The movie indulges in its goofiness and works really well as a gory and hilarious movie than a political satire. Betty Gilpin was also great in this. Really fun time.

Edit: Want to make it clear. The movie has a lot of people talking politics in it but it isn't a political movie.

Yeah, it's definitely lesser Lindelof both in terms of ambition and quality, but it's still a pretty fun B movie

On 3/20/2020 at 11:13 PM, lorddemaxus said:

yeah this was fun, thought it would be serious but it was way more self-aware than I thought. the fight choreography in some scenes was great.

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 2

On 3/20/2020 at 2:13 PM, lorddemaxus said:

Is it true that it pokes fun at both sides of the political spectrum? I heard that said about the film a long time ago.

Alright movie. Hadn't seen any ads for it so didn't know it was a comedy. That being said the comedy in the movie is alright but it's the kind of movie that you'd have to be very socially aware of to get the jokes and even then then you'll have a chuckle or two but not much more. Overall having had no real expectations I was still let down.