That One Girl

The Hunt | Universal | March 13, 2020 | Coming to VOD on Friday March 20

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s weird that this movie generated more backlash from the right than Joker did. 

Watchmen generated a lot of hate from them too, I guess Lindelof is just very good at upsetting manbabies 

I'm curious to see what the plot of the movie actually entails. Originally they were marketing it as a "rural poor conservative good guys vs rich elite liberal bad guys" conflict, which simply doesn't fly in the age of Trump. Now it seems like there might be more to it than that and the trailers are showing it. 

Take away the whole political/social commentary aspect of this film, and it's just another variation of "The Most Dangerous Game".

I got a felling that Lindelöf is aiming at some sort of satire in this;problem is that satire often goes right over people's heads.

3 hours ago, TMP said:

Watchmen generated a lot of hate from them too, I guess Lindelof is just very good at upsetting manbabies 

While agree, I do think this sorta talk really should stop in these threads/this forum, it sorta feeds in to what's being talked about with the fanboy wars thread of brewing toxicity by homogenizing a group of people and insulting them. I mean, I wouldn't like it, and I don't think the forum would tolerate it, if someone starting spewing off how "Green Book upset liberal snowflakes"

Just my take

• Like 1

This was delayed more because of real world events than because of Trump being upset about the movie (all because he saw a segment about it on Fox News lmao). There were reports that Universal was already taking down all posters for it on the studio lot even before he spoke out against it/their pulling of the movie.

At least we'll finally get to see it, even though there won't be much of a promo window for it with how little time there is.

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This was delayed more because of real world events than because of Trump being upset about the movie (all because he saw a segment about it on Fox News lmao). There were reports that Universal was already taking down all posters for it on the studio lot even before he spoke out against it/their pulling of the movie.

At least we'll finally get to see it, even though there won't be much of a promo window for it with how little time there is.

Worked for 10 Cloverfield lane

38 minutes ago, DAJK said:

While agree, I do think this sorta talk really should stop in these threads/this forum, it sorta feeds in to what's being talked about with the fanboy wars thread of brewing toxicity by homogenizing a group of people and insulting them. I mean, I wouldn't like it, and I don't think the forum would tolerate it, if someone starting spewing off how "Green Book upset liberal snowflakes"

Just my take

Problem is if a film has a political message, or is someway commenting on today;s politics,...which "The Hunt" sure as hell is,  its sort of hard to keep politics out of a discussion.

14 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Problem is if a film has a political message, or is someway commenting on today;s politics,...which "The Hunt" sure as hell is,  its sort of hard to keep politics out of a discussion.

ya but, they were talking about Watchmen. and it really had nothing to do with the politics surrounding the movie lol, it was about upsetting manbabies

It seems to me like the movie is pretty much an anti-binary and anti-political bubbles stance.

In that the film may be saying that "in this case/particular story" the victims are Trump supporters and the hunters AntiFa or whatever, but that the implication is that any iteration of these can be arranged as long as the ultimate piper/big business gets paid and the real elites are the ones getting fat on the hate and factionalism of everyone else.

5 hours ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

It seems to me like the movie is pretty much an anti-binary and anti-political bubbles stance.

In that the film may be saying that "in this case/particular story" the victims are Trump supporters and the hunters AntiFa or whatever, but that the implication is that any iteration of these can be arranged as long as the ultimate piper/big business gets paid and the real elites are the ones getting fat on the hate and factionalism of everyone else.

I repeat, I suspect the film is meant to be a satire/black comedy, and it might go over the head of a lot of viewers..and critics for that matter.

As for the basic plot, just another variation of "The Most Dangerous Game".

On 2/11/2020 at 7:30 PM, DAJK said:

On the other hand, taking a page out of what made Joker such a huge hit is a brilliant strategy.

Joker was never advertised like that, and it underperformed in the US (the only country where there was a dumb but major controversy) compared to the rest of the world.

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

Joker was never advertised like that, and it underperformed in the US (the only country where there was a dumb but major controversy) compared to the rest of the world.

It didn’t underperform in the United States. It surpassed expectations with over $300 million. 

On 2/11/2020 at 7:29 PM, dudalb said:

I liked Watchmen, but ,sorry, cannot buy into this David Lindelöf it God and can do now wrong nonsense.

He is like most writers; he does some good stuff, and some bad stuff.

Rewind to the Prometheus days and people weren't too fond of him 

On 2/11/2020 at 8:11 PM, TMP said:

That controls America right now.

😎

Edited by The Futurist