Eric Atreides

Rocketman l May 31, 2019 l Paramount l Elton John biopic l Taron Egerton stars and looking sexy as h*ck

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not gonna happen for years and years with these biopics after BR came along and made damn near 1b being pg-13. Prepare for at least half a decade of pg-13 musical biopic onslaught. 

I dunno, the other day it became official that the final cut has been delivered and will definitely be R. Plus I imagine Elton would take issue if they tried to sanitize it considering the whole project was made with his blessing. This was never making Bohemian Rhapsody money anyway.

Just now, filmlover said:

I dunno, the other day it became official that the final cut has been delivered and will definitely be R. Plus I imagine Elton would take issue if they tried to sanitize it considering the whole project was made with his blessing. This was never making Bohemian Rhapsody money anyway.

I mean the things the studio is wanting them to cut out of the sex scene don't exactly make it sound like they want it to be R though. They're wanting the removal of F words, "rear nudity" and cocaine. Those things should be perfectly fine for an R. 

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not gonna happen for years and years with these biopics after BR came along and made damn near 1b being pg-13. Prepare for at least half a decade of pg-13 musical biopic onslaught. 

That distribution contract was probably signed before BR giant success too (with so Many Elton John company listed has production company on that project, he could have a say on the final cut.

On 4/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, Avatree said:

think they have it completely wrong. Theres no reason why this will do anywhere near BR.

I see the argument for this. Queen's songs are more theatrical than Elton John's, thus more suited for a visual presentation.  But the story of BR is kind of flat. If Rocketman improves on this front and has a story that is more detailed and dramatic, I can see this with great legs.

Edited by Neucentro

On 4/6/2019 at 11:43 PM, Neucentro said:

BO is pretty bullish on this: $37m OW/$165m.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-tracking-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-ma-rocketman/

Why do people still pay attention to this website? They have no insider information. It's not actual industry tracking, which is done by professional companies based on polling, research, pre-sales, etc. and costs a lot of money. This is literally some dude on his website who has convinced people to pay attention to him. #enough

Edited by Hunch