Eric Duncan

Rocketman l May 31, 2019 l Paramount l Elton John biopic l Taron Egerton stars and looking sexy as h*ck

5 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Hopefully this is a hit for Paramount's sake. 

I think this will benefit from being arguably the most high-profile title aimed squarely at adults this summer after Once Upon a Time in Hollywood honestly. $35M/$105M sounds about right and will easily put it in the black before overseas gets factored in.

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

I think this will benefit from being arguably the most high-profile title aimed squarely at adults this summer after Once Upon a Time in Hollywood honestly. $35M/$105M sounds about right and will easily put it in the black before overseas gets factored in.

I imagine it'll do well OS especially in the UK. 

Creatively I think the R was a good decision. Financially, I don’t think it will reach the heights BO.com is predicting. Thinking more 35/120 (Mama Mia 2 #s domestically and worldwide)?

Director Dexter Fletcher was prepping 'Rocketman' when he got a call from 'Bohemian' star Rami Malek saying Singer had gone AWOL:   "If you come to set and shit on the floor, you'll still do a better job than this guy."

www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/rocketman-director-talks-cleaning-up-bryan-singers-mess-1208284 Edited by John Marston
  • Haha 1

Super glad it went for the R. I guess it might not hurt its box office potential too much, given a biopic about Elton John probably wouldn't appeal to families much anyway. Even BR had 78% of its audience over 25 on opening weekend. It might chip a little bit off the international total though. Hope reviews are good, I think it looks better than BR at least. 

• Like 1

Amazing first reactions from the Cannes premiere. 

indie Wire

Dexter Fletcher’s sexy dramatic and poignant Rocketman is an ambitious full-on bio musical with 20 songs—This Is Your Song got applause— sung by star Taron Egerton in a breakout performance. Watch for it to follow boffo global box office with a run on a roadway!

“Rocketman” is fantastic, a musical drama that hits all the right notes, especially the sad ones. #Cannes19

Hot damn, Taron Egerton is the real deal. #Rocketman is a musical about picking yourself up off your ass and Taron delivers the sweat, grit and vulnerability it needs.
  • Like 1