Eric Atreides

Rocketman l May 31, 2019 l Paramount l Elton John biopic l Taron Egerton stars and looking sexy as h*ck

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

This is selling like crazy around here. Honestly think $35M+ is in play at this point.

When I went to the preview night two weekends ago, I was pretty much the only person in the theatre under the age of 50.

Isn't Florida the retirement capital of the US? :P
Might be skewing a little stronger there. 

That being said, I'd be thrilled with such a performance and am hoping for more. 40+ would be wonderful.

With these reviews this should have been moved to Oscar season. Especially with November being so dead this year. Has both a worse chance at its multi and a higher shot of being overlooked for awards season in this release spot. Dumb move. 

Edited by MovieMan89

10 hours ago, antovolk said:

Authoritarian Dictatorships..and ,make no mistake, despite the façade of phony, fixed elections that is what Russia is....Suck.

That should come as no surprise.

Yeah, I am not Putin's biggest fan.

The hell with understatement. I hate the bastard .

• Astonished 1

How is doing in the non anglophone countries? Here in italy it's doing very bad, it should make around 1M-1.2M with 500 copies, really a lot of copies. Yesterday it got a screen avereae of 248 euros, this means more than half empty screens or even worse. 

I watched this the other day and it was pretty solid. Has more quality than Bohemian Rhapsody but this last one feels more like a crowd pleaser. Really didn't understand the controversy with the gay scenes, like do those scenes really create that amount of controversy? People are stupid. 

This movie stole my heart !

Can't believe how beautifully the Mother-Father-son relationship was portrayed in this movie.

Elton John s parents are portrayed in this movie with such

humanity

empathy

understanding

nuance

I knew Elton John had a big heart but I couldn't imagine he was so full of love and acceptance.

What a tolerant man !

You wouldn't want to be full of resentment in your 70's, that would be very sad.

Go Elton !

• Like 1