Box Office Hit

Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase

On 3/11/2019 at 7:47 PM, That One Guy said:

It's playing at a few AMC theaters near me

I asked that once alread, but shouldn't this thread then be in the area for soon to be / already released area?

How to get it there, if it is so?

80% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is pretty high for a straight-to-DVD film getting a hastily thrown theatrical release. Score's probably gonna drop, but it's stronger than I was expecting.

Also, why is this still on the lot if it opens in 2 days?

2 hours ago, TMP said:

80% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is pretty high for a straight-to-DVD film getting a hastily thrown theatrical release. Score's probably gonna drop, but it's stronger than I was expecting.

Pretty clear they are  hoping for a DTV franchise from this.....Nancy Drew is the original YA heroine,and the novels can be filmed for next to nothing.

17 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I asked that once alread, but shouldn't this thread then be in the area for soon to be / already released area?

How to get it there, if it is so?

7 hours ago, TMP said:

@DeeCee ??? I have no idea who to ask or.... (the bold is funny in a way, the trailer gave cinema relase date some weeks back maybe small?) Its not listed at BOMs release calendar

9 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Why did you post in the Wednesday thread?  It was confusing.

If this turns out to be just VOD I can move it again.

It was started by you, and my screen showed you are there. Automatic reaction.

As said, I have no idea what to do in such a situation.

To avoid confusion in future cases, writing a PM? Or...?

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

It was started by you, and my screen showed you are there. Automatic reaction.

As said, I have no idea what to do in such a situation.

To avoid confusion in future cases, writing a PM? Or...?

Just @ a mod in the thread the question is about.

• Thanks 1

For all the long term success Nancy Drew has had in the books (first came out in 1930 and still going strong) success outside the books has eluded her.

A short lived "B" film series in the 30's.

A failed TV  show in the 70's.

Another movie that went nowhere in 2007.

And now this effort.

A successful Nancy Drew Franchise would be a studio's dream: Dozens of books to be filmed, and you can make them for next to nothing but I doubt this film will turn the trick.

What is interesting is that the VOD market has become the successor to the B Movies of the 3o and 40's.

• Like 1

I am a HUGE fan of the character from my childhood...and didn't know this movie was coming out til this week...and only b/c I frequent this board...

And it's in one whole theater in my area...so not gonna head out for that...

Somehow, they can't decide how to approach this character and series in a way that appeals to the GA (or even reaches the GA)...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

For all the long term success Nancy Drew has had in the books (first came out in 1930 and still going strong) success outside the books has eluded her.

A short lived "B" film series in the 30's.

A failed TV  show in the 70's.

Another movie that went nowhere in 2007.

And now this effort.

A successful Nancy Drew Franchise would be a studio's dream: Dozens of books to be filmed, and you can make them for next to nothing but I doubt this film will turn the trick.

What is interesting is that the VOD market has become the successor to the B Movies of the 3o and 40's.

There's another Nancy Drew TV show out this fall from the CW

I saw the Emma Roberts one in cinemas when I was 8, and I remember it being pretty ok then

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

Late '98

I entered school in the '60

I do usually not feel much difference here at BOT, mostly remembering per posts like yours about the age differences, somehow it always surpises me ;)