Box Office Hit

Annabelle Comes Home | Warner Bros. | June 26, 2019 | 23rd Most Profitable Movie of 2019

50 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

The crowd I saw the final cut with seemed kind of bored with it. I don't think Deadline's numbers are really accurate, but I do think the Conjuring Universe might be hitting an audience familiarity wall.

It is always going to happen when you produce an Universe. People has been saying that MCU produces the same movie for at least 6 years on a row, and it doesn't stop them. As long as you keep giving quality products, people will come back. Plus, they tried to do something different with The Nun and it didn't work at all, the most logical thing was always do the safest thing with this movie.

• ...wtf 1

What's strange is it feels so incredibly different in tone to any TCU movie we've had since The Conjuring 2, which was 3 years ago now. It's not that familiar next to movies like La Llorona and The Nun.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It is always going to happen when you produce an Universe. People has been saying that MCU produces the same movie for at least 6 years on a row, and it doesn't stop them. As long as you keep giving quality products, people will come back. Plus, they tried to do something different with The Nun and it didn't work at all, the most logical thing was always do the safest thing with this movie.

The MCU hasn't made a bad movie in the eyes of the audience. The Conjuring universe has, and it was the movie seen by the most people, so it maximizes the damage.

4 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I'm sure legs should be decent, but I don't know why they didn't aim for a late July/early August release. It's just so crowded right now. Same for child's play. I think they should've aimed for an October release

Too close to Doctor Sleep and Joker.

The movie will end up close to Annabelle numbers WW (aiming for 240 mil+).

Edited by lorddemaxus

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Too close to Doctor Sleep and Joker.

The movie will end up close to Annabelle numbers WW (aiming for 240 mil+).

August would have been good. It's a dead month

• Like 1

Yeah this movie was truly genuine scary. Back to the conjuring roots. It had some It Follows moments with the Priest lingering around. Effective scary and unsettling stuff and the Ferryman scenes was truly unsettling as well. Frightening stuff and we see one of his victims lingering in the corner in the dark is very effective scare tactic. People went crazy in the theaters heard many screams too. This movie is doing its job.

13 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

Saw this today in Spain and the film was great. The atmosphere and the jumpscares were trademark The Conjuring but it didn't come off as cheap as La Llorona or The Nun

There was some jump scares but it was the unsettling stuff that was the best just seeing this Ferryman corpse in the background and the Priest in true "It Follows" spirit was very effective the loud knocks on the door the white bride stuff was great. This was back to high quality scares. The Nun actors was very good but they had to deal with a bad script and director doing a poor job. This one was topnotch.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/annabelle-comes-home-box-office-profit-2019-1202902709/

Even though Annabelle Comes Home is at the bottom of The Conjuring film line, the sequel was a cash cow for New Line thanks to a low production costs of $27M before P&A. Participations of $10M, much of that to producer Wan, are also a factor. Total global revenues across all ancillaries were $207M, yielding a net profit of $64M. That’s below The Conjuring ($161.7M in profit), The Nun ($155M in profit), Annabelle: Creation ($108.7M profit) and The Conjuring 2 ($98.3M profit).

I...honestly forgot this came out last year

• Like 2

On 4/9/2020 at 1:01 AM, Eric Atreides said:

Great profit for this, some heralded it as a bit of a flop at the time, but turns out it certainly wasn’t a flop critically or financially. Nice.

• Like 2