Box Office Hit

Annabelle Comes Home | Warner Bros. | June 26, 2019 | 23rd Most Profitable Movie of 2019

On 3/31/2019 at 3:41 AM, DAJK said:

So... The Avengers of the Conjuring Universe?

I'm down

I(we) predicted this a long time ago that Farmiga/Wison were gonna fight all the demons at once someday.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, movieboner said:

Actually, I think I might be underestimating it. The Nun with atrocious reviews opened to $53 million and finished with $117 million. This film has Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga plus the Anabelle doll.

If this movie has as good of marketing as The Nun, it may be able to replicate numbers like that. But The Nun still boggles my mind in its success. For now I'm personally treating that as an outlier. But The Nun was also the most frontloaded movie of the franchise, so even if this doesn't reach its opening weekend numbers I'm sure it can meet or exceed its domestic total. But that's without knowing its reception, of course.

8 minutes ago, harrisonisdead said:

If this movie has as good of marketing as The Nun, it may be able to replicate numbers like that. But The Nun still boggles my mind in its success. For now I'm personally treating that as an outlier. But The Nun was also the most frontloaded movie of the franchise, so even if this doesn't reach its opening weekend numbers I'm sure it can meet or exceed its domestic total. But that's without knowing its reception, of course.

Test screenings were good according to @ViewerAnon

34 minutes ago, harrisonisdead said:

Discussing about The Nun is so depressive because it had potencial to fly way higher than it actually got. 😕

Pre-sales were massive for it, I remember reports saying that it had outgrossed the whole TCU combined, but the walkup were killed by the awful reviews, if it had got good reviews I'm pretty sure it would've easily done $60m/$150m.

• Like 2

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/09/annabelle-comes-home-more-conjuring-spinoffs/

It was about time! Since 2016, we doesn't have a movie on this Universe generating spin offs, and there's so many stories on the Warren's field that could be explored.... With The Nun 2 being released in 2021, the earliest that an Annabelle: Comes Home's Spin off will be released is in 2022. 

Unless they start releasing two movies per year, do you guys think it's a good idea? Or will it sature the brand? 

This is the true Monster cinematic universe Universal wanted. But instead of monsters its demons. I honestly think this franchise can span as long as the MCU (20+ movies) but obviously with smaller budgets/returns. 

12 hours ago, DAJK said:

This is the true Monster cinematic universe Universal wanted. But instead of monsters its demons. I honestly think this franchise can span as long as the MCU (20+ movies) but obviously with smaller budgets/returns. 

I wouldn’t be so sure about the returns considering The Nun generated more profits for Warner than GOTG2 did to Disney, despite grossing $500m less.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 5:32 PM, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/09/annabelle-comes-home-more-conjuring-spinoffs/

It was about time! Since 2016, we doesn't have a movie on this Universe generating spin offs, and there's so many stories on the Warren's field that could be explored.... With The Nun 2 being released in 2021, the earliest that an Annabelle: Comes Home's Spin off will be released is in 2022. 

Unless they start releasing two movies per year, do you guys think it's a good idea? Or will it sature the brand? 

A bride seems a bit too similar to La Llorona. Another woman in a dress?