Box Office Hit

Annabelle Comes Home | Warner Bros. | June 26, 2019 | 23rd Most Profitable Movie of 2019

10 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Tracking is at $35m for the first 5 days, which would be on par with the second movie... On 3 days. Reviews better be good to increase it, this franchise has been on a great shape since TC2 and I don't want to see it starting a decline.

The Nun and Curse Of La Lorna May have done some damage. I feel the Conjuring Universe needs to start pushing itself more as they’re all starting to feel like bland, safe imitations of each other.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think this will underperform. It feels like there’s no hype online at all, and the combo of shit known as The Nun and La Llorona won’t help franchise fatigue. 

And I feel that people ALWAYS say this everytime one of these movies are about to open. Will you guys ever learn that this franchise doesn't rely on online buzz?

• Thanks 1

La Llorona was part of the CCU? 

Anyways, I would think WB would want to be very cautious with this franchise considering it's the only truly currently successful CU outside of the MCU. Really bad idea to just throw sequels at the wall, which is what  it seems like this will be. But who knows, no one really expected the second to be the quality it was. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

La Llorona was part of the CCU? 

Anyways, I would think WB would want to be very cautious with this franchise considering it's the only truly currently successful CU outside of the MCU. Really bad idea to just throw sequels at the wall, which is what  it seems like this will be. But who knows, no one really expected the second to be the quality it was. 

30 minutes ago, TMP said:

3 well reviewed films vs 3 badly reviewed ones, this sounds like it'll tip the scales.

Warner already claimed several times that La Lrona *ISN'T* part of TCU.