Box Office Hit

Annabelle Comes Home | Warner Bros. | June 26, 2019 | 23rd Most Profitable Movie of 2019

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

How the hell can Warner claim that Curse of La Llorona isn't part of the TCU?

I mean,

Hide contents

the priest from Annabelle even appears to help and give some advice to the main character.

Spoiler

Even Annabelle is mentioned and shown in a flashback shot.

• Like 2

La Llorona isn't going to hurt TCU brand. It's not a good movie, but it's not suuuuper connected to the Conjuring where people will turn their backs on the franchise because of it. Honestly, I think The Nun will hurt more.

Still though, many people would probably think the Conjuring connections in La Lllorona were just Easter eggs. Its not like if ST09 sucked, people would have turned their backs on Star Wars because of the little R2 droid flying around in all the debris. Yes I know it's a bit different case here, but honestly its not like the Warrens showed up at the end of La Llorona and said "we're putting together a team". 

So how do we explain Gary Dauberman. Inconsistent hit or miss type? Hack who accidentally stumbles into good territory at times? Genuine talent with bad luck? I found it very easy to just credit the good reviews of Annabelle: Creation and IT (the only 2 fresh movies on Dauberman's RT page) to David F. Sandberg (who's more than proven himself) and the other writers & director of IT. But now we've got this movie with him as a director as well as the sole writer and it's getting good reactions from critics. Is the reveal just that he's a better director than a writer and could pull a Sandberg with this?

11 hours ago, Lucas said:

So how do we explain Gary Dauberman. Inconsistent hit or miss type? Hack who accidentally stumbles into good territory at times? Genuine talent with bad luck? I found it very easy to just credit the good reviews of Annabelle: Creation and IT (the only 2 fresh movies on Dauberman's RT page) to David F. Sandberg (who's more than proven himself) and the other writers & director of IT. But now we've got this movie with him as a director as well as the sole writer and it's getting good reactions from critics. Is the reveal just that he's a better director than a writer and could pull a Sandberg with this?

I'm honestly shocked that he's getting praise, tbh. At the moment he was announced, I expected it to be the worst reviewed TCU movie and it looks like a complete winner. How ironic that his debut movie is getting great reviews, while Corin Hardy, a suposedely far safer choice to get good reviews, got destroyed?

18 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I'm honestly shocked that he's getting praise, tbh. At the moment he was announced, I expected it to be the worst reviewed TCU movie and it looks like a complete winner. How ironic that his debut movie is getting great reviews, while Corin Hardy, a suposedely far safer choice to get good reviews, got destroyed?

Ever since the first Annabelle I pretty much just considered him the type of hack writer who could slap together a shootable screenplay in a short period of time. "Oh you're done already? What the hell man you don't have to ru- hey wait, this kinda works. We can shoot this as early as next week!". A fast and reliable hack pretty much. Now I'm not so sure about him if he can direct movies.

The worst thing that can possibly come from this now is thinking Dauberman should've been given Conjuring 3 over Chaves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Ever since the first Annabelle I pretty much just considered him the type of hack writer who could slap together a shootable screenplay in a short period of time. "Oh you're done already? What the hell man you don't have to ru- hey wait, this kinda works. We can shoot this as early as next week!". A fast and reliable hack pretty much. Now I'm not so sure about him if he can direct movies.

The worst thing that can possibly come from this now is thinking Dauberman should've been given Conjuring 3 over Chaves.

He's one of the show-runners on Swamp Thing, and that's pretty good. Seems to be having an upturn quality wise this year, hopefully It 2 follows suit

Already have my ticket!

I have a weird obsession with these movies. I love supernatural horrors and to think there's a cinematic universe of them!! Of course it all began with the first Conjuring. That one is still the best of the series and none really come close. It still has such a different feel from the rest. I can't describe it. What made it so eerie was that it had such a believable feel, if you will.

Anyway, very much looking forward to this.