Rorschach

Rorschach Reviews Y3: Top 25 Time!

On 4/27/2018 at 5:58 PM, cookie said:

I'll be watching you very closely after today :apocalypse:

Reveal hidden contents

I’ll try to get to it tonight but I can’t make any guarantees. These upcoming few days are just jam packed with stuff I’ve got to get done for school. 

8 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Battletoads

Not much to really say except this was a very entertaining kids film with some fun characters, colorful animation, and some great action sequences.

7/10

How was the short? Out of curiosity. 

The Number One Dime

After much delay, I finally got around to reading this. I loved the first movie quite a lot. It was a very fun animated film that felt look a good ol' adventure film in the vein of something like Raiders of the Lost Ark (minus the melting Nazis).

While it never quite reaches that same level of joy for me, Number One Dime is still very solid. Going into this, after having heard that the film is a lot darker and has a lot more mature stuff going on, I was a little worried that the tonal shifts would be a problem for me. Thankfully, they aren't. Is there definitely dark stuff in this film? Certainly, some scenes could foreseeably frighten really, really young kids but I think its a little blown out of proportion. I don't mind it, personally, seeing as that a lot of the darker moments that happen throughout the film help to make an impact on the viewer. Nothing distracting in the slightest.

The characters are still just as memorable as ever. Tennant and Blanchett do excellent jobs voicing their respective characters and Glomgold gets a surprisingly poignant redemption arc that is very well executed. 

I don't really have anything inherently bad to say about this film, other than I just personally like the first film a little better. They're both great films. I'd just give that one the edge. I can't really see myself doing as many repeat viewings of this film as much as the first one. That being said, that shouldn't at all take away from this film's quality. I guess its just a matter of personal taste.

8/10

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rorschach said:

Billy-D_Approves.gif

Funny thing is I actually I have a semi-nostalgic fondness for Quack Pack because I saw it all the time when I was like seven (even if it doesn’t hold up at all).

But the joke was very tempting.

Edited by cookie

The Rest of May 

Bioshock

I was very curious as to why so many were making a fuss over this movie and... I can see why. This really doesn't have a plot to it. Its kinda of a spineless story where all the acts just kinda blur together for me. Extremely disappointing.

3/10

Under the Sea

A neat little documentary about ocean life.

6/10

Zoldar: Warrior Beast from Outer Space

The film is consistently goofy throughout and makes for a passable time. 

But what the fuck was up with that ending?!?!  :lol:

5/10

Aerophobia

The animation works fine for something like Salad Fingers but having to watch it for a whole 90 minutes just seems unpleasant to me.

4/10

He-Man II: The Revenge of Skeletor

It's fun and all but it suffers from the same problem the first film did: An aimless first two acts followed by an exciting finale. I was really hoping the filmmakers would change it up this time. Oh well.

6/10

2 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

I read it agin, and....yeah it stuck out badly. :mellow:

...oh, shit, wowwwwww. Haha I just realized that. I guess in my head I didn't think of it that way. Definitely not supposed to be a rape joke.

Spoiler

He was asking for consent, clumsily, thought he got it, and it was a misunderstanding. I don't think he'd actually go through with it once Zoldar realizes what's happening and says no, it just cuts off before that. If he wanted to rape him he wouldn't have asked in the first place. I can definitely see how it's problematic in retrospect though. The implication was never supposed to be that this guy actually forces himself on the alien, just that he's interested in him sexually and Zoldar didn't realize that. My bad for being tone-deaf though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xillix said:

...oh, shit, wowwwwww. Haha I just realized that. I guess in my head I didn't think of it that way. Definitely not supposed to be a rape joke.

Reveal hidden contents

It's not horrible.

But it was a real wtf moment when I read it.