Rorschach

Rorschach Reviews Y3: Top 25 Time!

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Which movie was it?

Edit: Zoldar? Wut?

The ending where 

Spoiler

Dr. Meat Loaf's protegee asks the captured Zoldar if he's interested in "the sort of things Meat Loaf offered," Zoldar says yes thinking he means teaming up to take over the world, but he actually means sex and starts to undress himself and Zoldar, with the movie ending on Zoldar's realization. Didn't even occur to me during writing it could be seen as a rape joke because that's not what the character was actually trying to do, but in retrospect I see why it's problematic since I cut off before Zoldar actually refuses and the doctor backs off.

• Like 2

June

Dan the Alpaca

It's a mostly harmless kids film. There's nothing inherently wrong with it. It's just bland and boring.

4/10

Ripper

A tightly made summer thriller that was a delightful surprise. Hardy is excellent, the atmosphere is creepy, and the film manages to be constantly engaging. The twist ending is also very effective and sets up very nicely for a sequel. 

Although, @cookie, I couldn't shake the nasty feeling I had seeing Hardy and Chaplin play husband and wife, especially after watching them have an incestuous relationship in Taboo.

8/10

Finding Gobi

I can get behind Odysseus being a dog lover any day, 24/7.

6/10

Second Wind: Stormy Seas

Somewhere along the way, I think the filmmakers assumed they were making a modern day Mobi Dick film and forgot they were there to make a comedy.

3/10

Call of Duty

The only reason this movie is gonna make as much money as its going to is the brand name alone. Strip that away and you are left with a fairly been-there-done-that War film. Still, its competently made, thanks to Greengrass's usual directing flare, and for what its worth, it was a lot easier to get through than Bioshock.

5/10

Hills Abduction

:sleep:

4/10

1 minute ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Honestly it was a total accident that I had Gobi opening RIGHT after The Odyssey. :hahaha:

Hey, I have no problem with little kids piling into that movie because the parents want to show them an age appropriate Hugh Jackman film. ;)

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rorschach said:

Although, @cookie, I couldn't shake the nasty feeling I had seeing Hardy and Chaplin play husband and wife, especially after watching them have an incestuous relationship in Taboo.

I... never actually saw Taboo :kitschjob:

• Haha 2

Top 10 Films of the Year so far

1. The Prince of Egypt

2. Spark Homeward

3. The Number One Dime

4. Cataclysmic

5. Ripper

6. Student Film

7. Lilo and Stitch

8. Battletoads

9. From Earth to Infinity

10. My Peoples

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

July (minus Scavenger Wars)

Howling Commandoes

Man what a letdown this was. The cast is great and there is a good movie buried underneath all the clunky dialogue, uninteresting characters, and wasted premise. What could’ve been a fun summer blockbuster is just an empty-feeling Marvel/X-Men clone (funny considering this isa Marvel property).

4/10

Island of the Blue Dolphins

This was a bit of a surprise. Beautifully animated, well-voiced, and not afraid to showcase some darker moments. Four year old me would probably be terrified watching this tho.

7/10

The Green Inferno

A brainless disaster movie with literally no interesting characters. Just a whole lot of empty action.

2/10

Inversion

Out of all the films in CAYOM this year, this has been the most unique so far. It’s not perfect. It’s certainly melodramatic in some areas but for all it’s faults, it still manages to tug at the heart strings.

6/10

Gentle Ben

Eh, it’s harmless enough.

5/10

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2