CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

image001.jpg

The week we have all been anticipating is finally here. The end is here. By the time we reach Monday morning, half of the BOT community will still exist, perfectly balanced as all things should be. But until then, lets enjoy this mega weekend together. Hell, I have the entire week off until Tuesday of next week, and we all know how that is gonna turn out for most of you. Accept that you are gonna get banned at some point over the weekend, relax, and have fun!

ConsciousClassicFinnishspitz-max-1mb.gif

10 years and 18 movies later, including a bastard child and a few billion of dollars added into the mix, we have reached the culmination of the biggest super franchise of all time. I was there since day one, in 2008, when Paramount unleashed Iron Man into theaters. In fact, most of us probably saw this entire lineup in theaters. The franchise will reach the 6B DOM total in the first few hours of Infinity War's run. Worldwide, the numbers are even more ridiculous, as the MCU will reach the 15B total over Infinity War's opening weekend.

• Iron Man, directed by Jon Favreau (2008);
  • The Incredible Hulk, directed by Louis Leterrier (2008);
  • Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau (2010);
  • Thor, directed by Kenneth Branagh (2011);
  • Captain America: The First Avengers, directed by Joe Johnston (2011);
  • The Avengers, directed by Joss Whedon (2012);
  • Iron Man 3, directed by Shane Black (2013);
  • Thor: The Dark World, directed by Alan Taylor (2013);
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier, directed by the Russo brothers (2014);
  • Guardians of the Galaxy, directed by James Gunn (2014);
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron, directed by Joss Whedon (2015);
  • Ant-Man, directed by Peyton Reed (2015);
  • Captain America: Civil War, directed by the Russo brothers (2016);
  • Doctor Strange, directed by Scott Derrickson (2016);
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, directed by James Gunn (2017);
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming, directed by Jon Watts (2017);
  • Thor: Ragnarok, directed by Taika Waititi (2017);
  • Black Panther, directed by Ryan Coogler (2018).

source.gif

Every one of these movies has led to Infinity War, the biggest cinematic crossover of all time. The overseas rollout officially starts Wednesday, with most countries offering Tuesday night previews at midnight. It should be an epic week leading up to one of the most exciting box office weekends of the year. There will be meltdowns. There will be anger. There will be happiness. There will be some DCEU mentions that will get the persons who mentioned it immediately banned, because lets face it, not even the box office comparisons excuse is applicable here. We are here to have fun and enjoy some records getting crushed, so please, avoid personal attacks and baity posts. There is also the spoilers situation...

tumblr_p06m23NizX1qhtpi8o1_540.gif

DO NOT POST SPOILERS. NOT EVEN SPOILERS UNDER SPOILER TAGS. 

This weekend, posting a spoiler will result in an immediate Box Office Discussion Forum ban. You will not be given a warning. We will ban your ass for an entire month and the person in question won't be able to be around for the DP2/Han Solo May madness.

This goes for all new releases usually but this is probably the 2nd biggest weekend ever in the BOT forums history behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens' opening weekend so rules will be applied with an iron fist.

If you wish to discuss the movie with spoilers, feel free to use the AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Spoiler Thread. Click HERE to go to it.

We're looking forward to a great weekend and we realize the over-excitement (or meltdowns) can cause the thread to go off topic. We will be allowing everyone to post freely as long as the off topic discussions don't go overboard. Stick to box office numbers the best you can, but we understand there are dead times where no new numbers arrive and other discussions will surge. We will do our best to keep the most recent numbers in the 2nd post of the first page ALWAYS updated to the most recent estimates. In that way, the persons who just want to check the new numbers only need to go to one place.

Last, but not least we are offering a SPECIAL APRIL SALE this weekend.

• Gold Account Monthly 50% sale
  • Gold Account Annual 25% sale
  • Premium Account Monthly 50% sale

Beginning Thursday and ending Monday.

The sale's start will also be announced at a later date.

Please remember that having a paid account is a donation to keeping this forum around for a long time. We still have the rest of the MCU to go through folks. And that is gonna be a lot of time if these movies keep opening with 200M each.

SleepyGrayIridescentshark-size_restricte

We are posting this weekend thread early to make sure everyone reads the guidelines regarding spoilers, and also because the international rollout starts Tuesday night. Keep it neutral, keep it fun and don't attack others, and you'll be fine. If it becomes something other than that, you risk a temporary ban that will also keep you away from the DP2 and Han Solo opening weekends so please, tread lightly.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

You missed something.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013-????)

And all the Netflix shows and the Hulu show and Agent Carter.

But we all know CJohn is not an MCU fan.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Rth Infinity said:

TFA 9.452m -Sch hols

DH2 7.092m -Sch Hols

TLJ 7.062m -Sch hols

TA  6.003m -Pub hol, same day IW 6 years ago 25/4/12 it also had midnights

AUJ 5.902m-Pub hol

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

@Rth Infinity

Compared to previous films is $7m+ looking pretty solid at this point?

8 minutes ago, Rth Infinity said:

hell yeah

I feel record OW incoming. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

The Avengers opened on the exact same day with $6m and then $13.3m for the regular 4 day weekend. 

IW is looking at a 35-40% increase for for the OD alone. I suspect the 4 day weekend won’t jump that much.    A 10% increase puts it around $15m. That’s around $23m for the first 5 days. A 15% increase on TA

Ballpark Domestic I’d go with USD240-260. 

Let’s see how we go. 

Keep in mind, the number that TFA did in Australia was huge but it wasn't quite the equivalent of what it did in the US.  So even if you get a record down under, if you go by the formula we have always used, it might still open to 230-250 in NA.  Not saying the record can't happen, but I'm still on the 230-240 bandwagon.

• Like 3

Yeah, I still want to see the exact opening number and also hopefully how it performs tomorrow. 

If Thursday in Australia is some crazy number like AUD5m+ then I’d go nuts. 

• Like 1

Shockingly The Weeknd thread is going very smoothly right now. No trolling no spoilers no fights. Maybe we should just keep it to ourselves:sparta:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 3

• Community Manager

The sale will be:

• Gold Account Monthly 50% sale
  • Gold Account Annual 25% sale
  • Premium Account Monthly 50% sale

Beginning Thursday and ending Monday.

The opening post has been edited with this information.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, baumer said:

Shockingly The Weeknd thread is going very smoothly right now. No trolling no spoilers no fights. Maybe we should just keep it to ourselves:sparta:

The current staff is well behaved.  Now if @Trolltastic Tele was still an Admin we'd already have pages of Lawrence of Arabia and Pokeman gifs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Astonished 1

• Community Manager
7 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

The current staff is well behaved.  Now if @Trolltastic Tele was still an Admin we'd already have pages of Lawrence of Arabia and Pokeman gifs.

Good point. I just masked him as a Junior Mod for the weekend.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Good point. I just masked him as a Junior Mod for the weekend.

Crap.  I only said his name once... not three times.

Now I have to go delete a bunch of stuff in the Mod forum

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1