CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

BATB weekend had about 85 pages before first numbers, let’s try and aim for 100 this time.  Someone post a really shitty hot take to get things rollllin

Limp Bizkit is a good band. (Since you mentioned Rollin'... which is one of their good songs.) :sparta:

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Current Black Panther comps at my theater have this making 260.6M, and that number is only going up :ohmygod: 

Freaking hell. We are doing it, aren't we? We are breaking the record.

My last prediction was like 244M...

My prediction in Matt's contest was $245.5 million but even that is starting to feel a little light. Feels like demand is essentially on par with The Force Awakens. After you adjust for ticket price and 300 more theaters, maybe I need to add $20 million to mine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Mad Titan said:

My prediction in Matt's contest was $245.5 million but even that is starting to feel a little light. Feels like demand is essentially on par with The Force Awakens. After you adjust for ticket price and 300 more theaters, maybe I need to add $20 million to mine. 

At least in LA, demand is nowhere close to that.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Now i feel it can beat TFA. That was released in december and i know the star wars fanbase was crazy enthusiastic to see it quickly, but it was still december and maybe some of them were busy with the Christmas shopping.

16 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

BATB weekend had about 85 pages before first numbers, let’s try and aim for 100 this time.  Someone post a really shitty hot take to get things rollllin

Reserved seating is a good thing. 😉

(Sorry. It was just there. too easy)

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

At least in LA, demand is nowhere close to that.

Perhaps not at this point given the difference in pre-sale attitude between Star Wars and Marvel fans but all of the numbers coming out from around the globe and that various members are posting of their theater numbers, it seems like it's going to be right there. At this point I'd be shocked if it did less than $240 million. 

14 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Lil Pump is better than current Eminem. Most of the rappers are.

Popular =/= better

Lyrically Slim Shady would destroy Pump.

And I actually really like Lil Pump. He's fun to listen to, lol.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Popular =/= better

Lyrically Slim Shady would destroy Pump.

And I actually really like Lil Pump. He's fun to listen to, lol.

But new Eminem songs are absolute garbage.  Which is what he was referring to

• Like 1