CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

6 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Can we stop these idiotic comparisons and assumptions?

i'm adamant the perception of TFA is wrong (not idiotic by the way) but I will save it for another time

4 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Will bringing a certain DC movie into this thread get me threadbanned?

I don't see why... Avengers Infinity War is one of my favourite DC movies. Though I must say i much preferred Terrence Howard in his role.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

EC’s one of our established dudes too. Projecting grosses on these big tentpoles is like wizard-fu, it’s easy to be wildly off-base. 

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Yep.  You are a good man Tele.  

Sorry just quick aside.  Maybe EC has rubbed people the wrong way.  Me I have no skin in this game.  But if you keep poking the bear don’t be surprised when he steps up and bites you.

And back to our regular programming I feel like number 2 all time is closed to locked 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if Disney will consider releasing a Marvel film in December? I think Avatar and Star Wars prevent it for now but I think they'll look at how Aquaman fares before they take the plunge. 

I don't see why not. We've all seen that the right event movie can clean up in that spot.

That is a great number especially considering the fact that people have spent a lot of money for films with a similar genre recently, 500 M+ for JL and THOR III combined, 620 M for TLJ and almost 700 M for BP.

But yes, my summer game is off to a bad start. lol

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

i'm adamant the perception of TFA is wrong (not idiotic by the way) but I will save it for another time

There’s no way on god’s green earth you can make any sort of factual argument for this. It’s gonna be a giant pile of subjectivity no matter how you approach it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Hoping for that 225M at minimum, arent you? ;)

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not hoping or worried in the least.  The movie is huge and that is all that really matters.  

I spent the week in Las Vegas getting paid handsomely to have meetings with people that others on here would only dream of and getting to sit center lower stage to watch exclusive footage on all of the upcoming releases from every studio and eating some of the best food in the world.  

If it misses $225m, I think that somehow I will not be that upset.  =)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

There’s no way on god’s green earth you can make any sort of factual argument for this. It’s gonna be a giant pile of subjectivity no matter how you approach it. 

He is like a wounded animal trying to prove he can run away. 

• Like 1