CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

I dont wanna say its impossible because you never know what can happen but I can confidently say that its highly highly unlikely. 

I think it would have been a lot more likely had it opened on the same day as the US. Spoilers are everywhere now and there might not be as mad a rush to see it outside of the event film aspect.

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

Previews to Friday opening ratio already prove to be much less frontloaded than Star Wars (which is a given but still need to be said) and most of other 170M+ OW movies.

If Friday already behaved like, what others been insisting on, a Marvel movie; don’t see why Saturday wouldn’t.

Exactly!

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Previews to Friday opening ratio already prove to be much less frontloaded than Star Wars (which is a given but still need to be said) and most of other 170M+ OW movies.

If Friday already behaved like, what others been insisting on, a Marvel movie; don’t see why Saturday wouldn’t.

Again, we'll see.  It's hard to find comps for a movie like this.  The only close comparisons are Civil War (which opened a lot lower) and The Force Awakens (which was more frontloaded)

http://deadline.com/2018/04/avengers-infinity-war-weekend-box-office-opening-records-1202378032/

Industry estimates have Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War at $106.7M (including that $39M Thursday night) and $245.6M over three days, which would put the pic second behind Star Wars: Force Awakens record opening of $247.9M. Some even believe that Infinity War could beat Force Awakens ($247.9M) but a lot of that will depend on todays’s momentum.

• Like 7
  • Astonished 8

These are what the PTAs are going to be with Deadline's estimates:

Avengers: Infinity War: $54,883 ($55,866 if it hits 250M)

A Quiet Place: $2,805

Black Panther: $2,303

I Feel Pretty: $2,297

Rampage: $1,938

Traffik: $1,625

Super Troopers 2: $1,506

Blockers: $1,248

Truth or Dare: $1,240

Isle of Dogs: $1,199

Ready Player One: $1,099

This is horrendous for everything that isn't in the top four PTAs. Something has to be opening in 2,000 theaters next weekend; I refuse to believe the highest opener will be in 1,800 theaters when so many holdovers are collapsing.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

These are what the PTAs are going to be with Deadline's estimates:

Avengers: Infinity War: $52,961 ($55,866 if it hits 250M)

A Quiet Place: $2,805

Black Panther: $2,303

I Feel Pretty: $2,297

Rampage: $1,938

Traffik: $1,625

Super Troopers 2: $1,506

Blockers: $1,248

Truth or Dare: $1,240

Isle of Dogs: $1,199

Ready Player One: $1,099

This is horrendous for everything that isn't in the top four PTAs. Something has to be opening in 2,000 theaters next weekend; I refuse to believe the highest opener will be in 1,800 theaters when so many holdovers are collapsing.

Most theaters are likely just gonna keep Avengers on the same number of screens it's currently on.

• Astonished 1