CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

77M on Saturday seems very very very big ... 

TFA jumped +9.9% from its true Friday opening. This was in December.

Schools are still in session if I'm correct for Infinity. More people will go see this movie today than yesterday. A "healthy" +14% is reasonable from its true Friday (compared to TFA)

Hold on a minute, the official is not $106.7 million?

It is now 106 million?

Now things change and getting record is not so strong now. Heck, we might see a close race now.

Oh man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

We always thought there’s a cap on Friday business since all previous OW record breakers hover around 62-63M. But then IW just disputed that by a comfortable amount.

Same with Saturday, everything always come close but never seems to break through 70M. Infinity War only need a 3% bump from true Friday to get over.

I do agree though that 77M seems a bit crazy. I’m thinking more 73-75M

Yep... 77M seems crazy . 

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

That's an increase over last Friday for Black Panther btw

I imagine it was the most popular back-up choice for those sold out from all Avengers showings even if most theaters have sent it to one of their smallest auditoriums by now (though everything that isn't Infinity War got pushed into small auditoriums this weekend).

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It could happen considering it has the 3rd best PTA this weekend. Next week is also the last week they have to milk it because the digital release is on the 8th and the Blu on the 15th.

Worst case scenario is probably Civil War legs (575M). A 2.5x gets it to 625M, and a 2.8x gets it to 700M. Next weekend should help us out; anything less than the expected 58-60% drop would bode very well.

I wouldn’t say Civil War legs are the worst case scenario for this.  But a 240-245m OW definitely puts it in the 500m range barring a BvS collapse (which id say is unlikely)

Also off of a 245m OW (around the realistic upper range I’d say for the OW given Friday)

BvS legs leads to: 487m DOM

2.15x: 526m DOM

2.2x: 539m DOM

SM3 Legs lead to 545m DOM

DH2 legs lead to 552m DOM

CW Legs lead to 556m DOM

Iron Man 3 Legs lead to 575m DOM

DH1 Legs lead to 578m DOM

Ultron Legs lead to 588m DOM

GOTG2 lead to 652m DOM

TA legs leads to 735m DOM

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Is there a chance it will outgross last weekend or nah?🤔

Nah! It'll gross 4.6 million, and wind up back in the top five, though. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Thanks 1