CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, bladels said:

It increases from last Fri.

WHAT AN ACTUAL F*CK?

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

I kind of think most expected BP to increase?

Double features, it being the first choice alternative to IW sellout, plus it just being a great movie.

7 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Incredible number. A bump from last Friday. 

Already benefit big time from IW spillover. That’s gonna continue over the weekend too. 

It should pass TLJ worldwide by Sunday or Monday.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

Just now, The Futurist said:

Does the fact that US schools were still in session Friday bode well for the Saturday and Sunday numbers ?

Yes, and my main reason this "should" explode in tickets sales today.

• Like 1

I wonder if Disney will move the next Avengers up to the last weekend of April again like they did this one if the worldwide release is set for the week before again, even if the lid on preventing spoilers from getting out (which was allegedly the reason they moved the release up to match the worldwide launch) won't be kept nearly as tight that time around.

1 hour ago, ProtoMan said:

I find it hilarious that some members a few months ago ignored all of the massive social media numbers and were seriously trying to push this idea that no one wants to see this movie, it’s looks horrible, no one cares because Civil War was an Avenger movie did Iron Man 3 numbers, blah blah... 

This movie may not break the OW but it going to get much closer than most thought a year ago. 

Sorry but you're going to have to find proof for this. I don't recall anybody at this site saying nobody would want to see the final Avengers movie where all them come together for one cause. In fact I think most people are predicting a high opening weekend for this movie

• Like 1

Just now, XO21 said:

Even if it falls short of Force Awakens it's still a incredible feat, especially since I thought like many the MCU peaked with The Avengers..(BP is a unique case imo)

This definitely felt like a much bigger deal than Age of Ultron ever did. And pretty much every other MCU movie, for that matter.

• Like 1

Really good OD number! Infinity War will do north of $240 million which is by far amazing for a comic book movie! The film will have solid holds. Until the late May colossal with Deadpool 2 and Han Solo.

monrhly box office April could be around $1 billion. Which is by far amazing! 

May looks to be so-so. The first two weekends minus Avengers are dead. Deadpool 2 could open on-par with its predecessor. Solo should do $120 million ow.

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Sorry but you're going to have to find proof for this. I don't recall anybody at this site saying nobody would want to see the final Avengers movie where all them come together for one cause. In fact I think most people are predicting a high opening weekend for this movie

On 4/8/2018 at 4:54 PM, Ethan Hunt said:

There's no hype lol

You said “anybody” so :P

• Haha 4