CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Of course amazing OD for IW, it would be even if it was just a hair above the true friday record. I wonder how the preview/OD ratio is compared to CW and Ultron.

A Quiet Place might be able to manage an under 50% and I bet is gonna go back to under 40% drops for the next two weekends where nothing big opens. Phenomenal WOM.

Slightly dissapointed about Rampage, I thought it could manage an under 60% drop.

Just now, titanic2187 said:

that rampage drop of 64% meaning 100m total is gone.....thanks to IW

It held as well as it was going to. Remember that Oblivion fell almost 70% in its third weekend when Iron Man 3 opened five years ago.

1 minute ago, Joel M said:

Of course amazing OD for IW, it would be even if it was just a hair above the true friday record. I wonder how the preview/OD ratio is compared to CW and Ultron.

Both those did a little less than a third of their Friday gross over the previews, IW came in at 37%

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

So about $67M for the true Friday. I do believe that's higher than that "cap" on business I've been hearing so much about. :P

It's a fake cap. Look at inflation on Jurassic World and the 2012 Avengers film. Both around $70m for true Friday after inflation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

385m OS + 243m DOM = 628m WW debut

Just imagine if it debuted with China and Russia. :sparta:

If it broke the OW record in local currency in Russia it would be $18m in dollars. Not a tiny sum but pretty insignificant against the enormity of both Chinese and overall OS numbers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Both those did a little less than a third of their Friday gross over the previews, IW came in at 37%

Function of capacity I think.  More than full theaters it's people who won't sit in front rows, won't or can't go outside of normal hours (in the case of Friday - work, class, etc).  This is another situation with a supply constraint and legs will show that.  Demand will grow - I think a very high % of Thursday/Friday watchers will be back at the theater. 

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It's a fake cap. Look at inflation on Jurassic World and the 2012 Avengers film. Both around $70m for true Friday after inflation. 

67m is still pretty amazing tho.

But I appreciate your comments about taking into account inflation.

Edited by The Futurist