CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

heyyy boys

was checking twitter and many many people have seen the film 2 3 or 4 times already lol dat WOM.....

Historic saturday so will RTH drop a Hiroshima/nagasaki bomb or a Tsar bomba?

We ll see soon :)

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Well that was a bloated three hours given all of the previews and credits. There were some pockets of entertaining stuff but several cast members seemed to be bored and phoning it in. 

6/10

MVP: Holland

6/10 seems fair,  maybe closer to 7

• ...wtf 2

14 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, while we wait on numbers...

I asked my kids (teen to K) that if we could see one movie together this summer, what should we see.  I offered Avengers, Solo, Incredibles 2, Ant Man and the Wasp, Jurassic World, Hotel Transylvania 3, and Teen Titans Go.  All 4 (even the teen) picked Incredibles 2 1st and then there was a split between Ant Man (older 2 girls) and TTG (younger 2 boys).  Not saying that families will break this way, but I was surprised the Star Wars-loving boys didn't pick Solo (although they do love TTG, too) and the girls had zero interest in anything but the 2 mentioned...and I got noses turned up at HT3, which is funny since they watched the 1st 2 in theaters...

Something to keep in mind as we see the summer play out...

Just now, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

I’m thinking I2 is going to have a crazy breakout.  Hopefully my gamble of putting it at #1 in my Summer game pays off

I highly doubt it's #1, but I think it's gonna thrash JW2 to the same degree Finding Dory did to Civil War in 2016. When I saw IW last night, between it, Solo, Ant-Man, and M:I6, Incredibles 2 got by far the best reaction among them. It's feeling like a $450M+ domestic grosser, pending the actual quality of the movie.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

@narniadis, I had an almost exact same reaction happen at my theater after the movie was ever. I’ve seen it twice now, both times I’ve never seen a movie going crowd so shocked at what happened at the end of the movie. Everyone with jaws dropping to the floor. Kids crying. 

I don’t think wom will be great.

Edited by KJsooner
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

28 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

How was your theater's GOTG2 Sat. bump compared to what the actual Saturday bump is?

Lemme just go check. 

Alrigty, Guardians in general went from 39.2M Friday to 51M Saturday. At my theatre it went from 42.6M Friday to 52.2M Saturday (it did really well here).

This is just based off matinee figures though since I'm on the WC and it is only 5:00 here. Evenings could go either way

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

@narniadis, I had an almost exact same reaction happen at my theater after the movie was ever. I’ve seen it twice now, both times I’ve never seen a movie going crowd so shocked at what happened at the end of the movie. Everyone with jaws dropping to the floor. Kids crying

Ive been going to the theaters for a long time, I’d never seen that type of reaction. I don’t think wom will be great.

See, that statement right there is a worrier for legs...14 hours til I see this, and now I'm even more curious:)...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DarthPynchon said:

I feel like Captain Marvel, assuming it is a great film, will challenge BvS’s March Record. Catalogue this tweet for later.

I see around 85 mil ow, 250 mil domestic. 750 ww. Similar to WW.

3 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I see around 85 mil ow, 250 mil domestic. 750 ww. Similar to WW.

It's doing at least 850-900M. The hype was low key rising already and now even more. Once that A4 trailer drops, it'll give her movie a huge bump in hype and while WW had all the momentum due to it being the "first female superhero movie.. blah blah blah", Captain Marvel will still make more because well, it's Marvel, and she'll definitely be a lot cooler and more interesting than WW. Certainly Brie Larson will destroy Gadot with her performance. 

7 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

I'll come back by 10pm ET. If this movie has a super breaking Saturday, RTH might show up earlier than usual to break the news.

RTH in like a box office insider right? Word is pretty much gospel from what I've seen..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

See, that statement right there is a worrier for legs...14 hours til I see this, and now I'm even more curious:)...

Not really , kids aren’t this movie’s main audience nor will they determine wom. Honestly I am AGAIN beginning to feel like this forum is detached from reality , just like when the IW trailer, for example, was doing a gazillion views , everybody was talking about this film and I was seeing many posts here about how “this doesn’t feel like an event”, “I don’t see any buzz” e.t.c and here we are with IW having a phenomenal, way above expectations WORLDWIDE opening with people going crazy over it all over the net and all over the world from Australia to India and the discussion here is “kids were crying, bad wom”.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DarthPynchon said:

I feel like Captain Marvel, assuming it is a great film, will challenge BvS’s March Record. Catalogue this tweet for later.

You mean for a CBM? Beauty and the Beast currently holds the March OW record.

• Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Not really , kids aren’t this movie’s main audience nor will they determine wom. Honestly I am AGAIN beginning to feel like this forum is detached from reality , just like when the IW trailer, for example, was doing a gazillion views , everybody was talking about this film and I was seeing many posts here about how “this doesn’t feel like an event”, “I don’t see any buzz” e.t.c and here we are with IW having a phenomenal, way above expectations WORLDWIDE opening with people going crazy over it all over the net and all over the world from Australia to India and the discussion here is “kids were crying, bad wom”.

Dude, I loved the movie. It’ll be in my top 5 of all the MCU films, but the movie will have a divisive reception.