CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

12 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

It's doing at least 850-900M. The hype was low key rising already and now even more. Once that A4 trailer drops, it'll give her movie a huge bump in hype and while WW had all the momentum due to it being the "first female superhero movie.. blah blah blah", Captain Marvel will still make more because well, it's Marvel, and she'll definitely be a lot cooler and more interesting than WW. Certainly Brie Larson will destroy Gadot with her performance. 

Can't we for once be hype for an upcoming spandex movie without having to knock another?

CM won't have that cultural anticipation/reaction moment that WW had, but that Marvel brand power...600s is where I'm starting on that one. 

(Let's be honest: If WW was a MCU movie, it would've hit that billion. Easily.)

11 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Not really , kids aren’t this movie’s main audience nor will they determine wom. Honestly I am AGAIN beginning to feel like this forum is detached from reality , just like when the IW trailer, for example, was doing a gazillion views , everybody was talking about this film and I was seeing many posts here about how “this doesn’t feel like an event”, “I don’t see any buzz” e.t.c and here we are with IW having a phenomenal, way above expectations WORLDWIDE opening with people going crazy over it all over the net and all over the world from Australia to India and the discussion here is “kids were crying, bad wom”.

Just b/c you aren't a main audience, doesn't mean you aren't still in the audience, especially in the legs side.

Families are one of the demos that play a strong role in legs...it's why animated movies tend to have such high legs...if you can grab families, you can far exceed what might have been your "expected" legs numbers...

(Same if you can grab repeat viewers...causing folks to HAVE to see it again not only usually sells their ticket over and over, but probably other not-that-interested folks they keep grabbing to go see it with...)

15 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Not really , kids aren’t this movie’s main audience nor will they determine wom. Honestly I am AGAIN beginning to feel like this forum is detached from reality , just like when the IW trailer, for example, was doing a gazillion views , everybody was talking about this film and I was seeing many posts here about how “this doesn’t feel like an event”, “I don’t see any buzz” e.t.c and here we are with IW having a phenomenal, way above expectations WORLDWIDE opening with people going crazy over it all over the net and all over the world from Australia to India and the discussion here is “kids were crying, bad wom”.

Nevermind the "crying = bad WOM." Yeah tell that to E.T. or TITANIC, both off the top of my head. 

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Dude, I loved the movie. It’ll be in my top 5 of all the MCU films, but the movie will have a divisive reception. 

I wondered about that but so far I've not really noticed it. People used comps to TLJ but Marvel Reddit in general seem to dig or be "happy" if that's the right word for it so the fanbase (right now anyway) aren't going nuclear polarized about it. None-MCU faithful similarly, but I'm going from purely anecdotal level I admit. 

• Thanks 1

Idk about it being divisive. Out of everybody that I know on a personal level has loved it so far. I know that's a small sample of the millions who have watched it, but the trend seems to be that it's a loved film so far

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

You Were Never Really Here is great btw, though I spent at least half the movie debating whether Joaquin had gotten really jacked or really fat

how jacked, like Ultimate Warrior jacked? 

Just now, cheesypoofs said:

Idk about it being divisive. Out of everybody that I know on a personal level has loved it so far. I know that's a small sample of the millions who have watched it, but the trend seems to be that it's a loved film so far

Your right. The division isn't about how liked it/who didn't.

....living on the edge. Sweaty palms...

thats all I'm gonna say about that lol

2 minutes ago, RRA said:

Nevermind the "crying = bad WOM." Yeah tell that to E.T. or TITANIC, both off the top of my head. 

I wondered about that but so far I've not really noticed it. People used comps to TLJ but Marvel Reddit in general seem to dig or be "happy" if that's the right word for it so the fanbase (right now anyway) aren't going nuclear polarized about it. None-MCU faithful similarly, but I'm going from purely anecdotal level I admit. 

Honestly I see great reactions everywhere on the net, and the key demographic is young people not kids for this film. I don’t see divisiveness anywhere, am I really missing something here ? The thing is at 9.1 on IMDb with over 120k votes , even if we start talking about fan base e.t.c , the votes are getting more and more and this thing is not dropping and not only that but both u.s and overseas people seem to love it. Seriously other than “kids were crying” can someone point to me signs of divisiveness from viewers (not critics) ?

if nothing else this movie is so epic that it is primed for repeat viewings. 

• Like 2

speaking of jacked i just watched enter the dragon for the first time and honestly underwhelming. bruce lee was cool but he gets less to do than i'd have thought most of the plot stuff we've gotta follow these two BOOOOORING american dudes like zzzz.