CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

You'd think everyone would remember.... CW and or Guardians 2 are the real only good ones to look at.

As @Biggestgeekever suspected, CW Sunday was indeed Mother’s Day. Are GotG2, IM3, and TA1 the only recentish ones without a special circumstance then?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Avengers acted as a non-sequel, don't think that's a great comp either.  I'm also pretty sure that some schools were out when Last Jedi came out (correct me if I'm wrong)

I think it was like 30-something % 

It's early, but like I said this morning, people are going to be shocked at the number.  

Given that it kept going higher into the night yesterday I think it might hit $82m after everything is settled.  

Again, it is very early and that could change and I am being a bit more aggressive than others.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 41
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 2

Just now, narniadis said:

You'd think everyone would remember.... CW and or Guardians 2 are the real only good ones to look at.

The way this is running Avengers 18% drop is probably the best comparison.  These numbers are so big & there are so many sellouts they're going to have spill over

Also, if CW and GOTG2 were the best comparisons the Saturday jump would put this easily in the low 80s or push 90

• Like 2

Just now, EmpireCity said:

It's early, but like I said this morning, people are going to be shocked at the number.  

Given that it kept going higher into the night yesterday I think it might hit $82m after everything is settled.  

Again, it is very early and that could change and I am being a bit more aggressive than others.  

Wait what?

I need some Rth confirmation on this. This is absolutely shocking if true. I have no words. It would SMASH the Saturday record.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Avengers acted as a non-sequel, don't think that's a great comp either.  I'm also pretty sure that some schools were out when Last Jedi came out (correct me if I'm wrong)

Spidey 3 was a sequel with same release date and dropped 22% on Sunday. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

WOAH! What's the floor perhaps?

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Holy mackerel. Told you guys 80+ mil Saturday was in the cards

• Like 1

82M is just an outright ridiculous number. And considering the momentum that IW is on so far not just Dom but OS as well, that number might just be true lol

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Ohhh...my...god...ho...lee...sh....

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1