CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

CW didn't have enough action to keep the the audiences who couldn't follow all the dialogue, entertained. If you didn't watch Winter Soldier, you were lost. The airport sequence was cool, as was the intro of Spider-Man and BP, but it wasn't really a team up movie. Yes, IW may be depressing to some but it's always better for audiences to enjoy heroes vs. villains action than vs each other.

This. Though both may be darker films, there were barely any crowd pleasing moments in CW. Maybe there were some for comic book readers, but only the airport fight and maybe the Bucky chase, seemed exciting in CW. The opening sequence was too shaky to be interesting and the ending fight was too depressing. I finished CW not wanting to watch it again and still haven’t been able to rewatch the whole movie. With IW, I wanted to rewatch it as soon as I wrapped my mind around it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Rank the Gerard Butler movies

1. How to Train Your Dragon
  2. How to Train Your Dragon 2
  3. Geostorm
  4. Gods of Egypt
  5. 300
  6. London Has Fallen
  7. Movie 43
  8. Olympus Has Fallen

probably gonna watch Den of Thieves later so this'll be updated

gods of egypt not #1? it's like you LIKE getting banned!

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Rank the Gerard Butler movies

1. How to Train Your Dragon
  2. How to Train Your Dragon 2
  3. Geostorm
  4. Gods of Egypt
  5. 300
  6. London Has Fallen
  7. Movie 43
  8. Olympus Has Fallen

probably gonna watch Den of Thieves later so this'll be updated

Movie 43 over Olympus Has Fallen ? :sparta:

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It was always a fake cap. Nobody bothered to look at inflation for Jurassic World and 2012 Avengers. Both of them well over $77 million. 

Tbh there's some weird inflation going on though. 3D shares in 2018 are very different from 2012 and even 2015. Hell most of the IW IMAX shows I've seen are even in 2D. A more accurate way to adjust would be to adjust to "take out" those films numbers, then adjust them for the avg 2018 price and add on the avg 3D/premium share.

aka a lot of work

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

olympus has fallen is straight up TRASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH one of the worst films I've seen.  come at me @baumer

I am soooooooooooo fucking close to pulling the trigger and ban you for real son.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

This. Though both may be darker films, there were barely any crowd pleasing moments in CW. Maybe there were some for comic book readers, but only the airport fight and maybe the Bucky chase, seemed exciting in CW. The opening sequence was too shaky to be interesting and the ending fight was too depressing. I finished CW not wanting to watch it again and still haven’t been able to rewatch the whole movie. With IW, I wanted to rewatch it as soon as I wrapped my mind around it. 

Also the type of action in CW isn't really the kind to excite an audience. It's basically just Jason Bourne stuff with some superhero powers here and there. You can really see why it didn't go bananas overseas, it's just like normal action.

• Like 1

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

olympus has fallen is straight up TRASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH one of the worst films I've seen.  come at me @baumer

Yeah but it was still better than his leprechaun Movie 43 skit (if that’s what you want to call it).