CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

21 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

They're pretty similar.  Both are pretty dark compared to most Marvel films, both are teamup films, both have great reception but appeal very highly to its fanbase and more casual viewers might not like it as much, both require a large amount of films to watch to fully understand, etc.

Nah It was a captain america sequel. Any new comers were going to be pretty confused as to who this 'bucky' guy is and he was arguably the main plot point of the movie, hence the big drop.

IW is far more simple. Big baddie thanos, unite the heroes. They even explain the infinity stones just so new comers know

Edited by Jessie

Just now, Mango said:

Tbh there's some weird inflation going on though. 3D shares in 2018 are very different from 2012 and even 2015. Hell most of the IW IMAX shows I've seen are even in 2D. A more accurate way to adjust would be to adjust to "take out" those films numbers, then adjust them for the avg 2018 price and add on the avg 3D/premium share.

aka a lot of work

It is a lot of work, but in the case of 2012 Avengers I think it's mostly a wash and I would think the BOM calculator is pretty fair for it.

There has been a massive change in PLF offerings since 2012. In my town and a neighboring town 20 minutes away, we had zero PLF screens in May 2012. November 2013 (Catching Fire) we gained 3 PLF screens overnight. Regal bought out one of the old theaters in town and converted two of the screens to IMAX/RPX. Meanwhile a brand new theater opened on the other side of town with their "EPIC" format.

Since this time in the last 3-4 years, Regal converted another screen to IMAX in the other town 20 minutes away. The other theater company also opened a brand new theater in that town as well with "EPIC" screen. So in May 2012, these two towns had zero PLF screens. Now we have 5 PLF screens within 20 minutes of each other. That's an insane change from 6 years ago. 

9 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Rank the Gerard Butler movies

1. How to Train Your Dragon
  2. How to Train Your Dragon 2
  3. Geostorm
  4. Gods of Egypt
  5. 300
  6. London Has Fallen
  7. Movie 43
  8. Olympus Has Fallen

probably gonna watch Den of Thieves later so this'll be updated

Law abiding citizen is better than all of them