CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

He’d been crazy if nothing went on here.LXFQ.gif

Ugh

That was one seriously dumb as plot point that should have been left to die in the comics.  So glad the writers have finally let go of it ever being a thing.  The Russos seriously dropped the ball when they didn't do the Steve/Nat relationship but instead gave us this and left the door open for Whedon to inflict Brutasha on us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If 82m Saturday and GotG2 Sunday drop (-23.7%):

Preview: 39m

Friday: 67m

Saturday: 82m

Sunday: 62.5m

Total: 250.5m

80m Saturday, Sunday would be 61m, weekend would be 247m.

Every bit is going to count to get that record!

FYI, if Saturday was to follow GotG2 it would be 88m (+31.5%).

Just now, Sam said:

@Ethan Hunt The people demands your explanation on the “no hype” statement.

I mean unless he was talking about WOM? RT had an article about death odds nearly every day a month leading up to the release on FB. I'm just curious how anyone could think there was no hype. Wasn't this like the most expensive marketing campaign ever?

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

I don't get how anyone could think this. It clearly rivaled the hype of TFA. Trailer views were amazingly high and even TV spots were hitting a million views each and quick. It was setting Twitter on fire.

The trailer views definitely show there was a lot of hype, especially internationally. There’s hype domestically, but the OS numbers are wild.

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

I mean unless he was talking about WOM? RT had an article about death odds nearly every day a month leading up to the release on FB. I'm just curious how anyone could think there was no hype. Wasn't this like the most expensive marketing campaign ever?

He wasn’t talking about WOM. 

You wonder about his reasoning? Well, here it is

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'm a prophet

(No. No, he isn’t)

• Like 1

We are witnessing something truly historical. Surely it's beating the OW record with anything above 80M for Saturday, no?

On a side note...

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Finally will stop running out of likes. 150 is just too little.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'm a prophet

So if you tell us the world is going to end on this day or WW3 is on, well then that means we're good. Nice to know!

On a conspiracy forum that I used to follow for fun they called that the name of the forums effect. Everytime a lot of people predicted doom (and it was a lot), the effect always killed it. Hurricane - doom, War - doom, 2012 - doom, Stock Market plunge - doom, oil spill - doom, fukishima - doom....we're still here though! Have to thank those guys for constantly getting it wrong.

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Chris Evans says he has his doubts. :lol:

That's cause it's a Disney movie which needs to be released in China.  So he can't confirm the truth.

tumblr_p6w4riEyU21qg946so4_540.gif

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Re: Spiderman getting laid, I remember reading in that recent book where the Amy Pascal sandwich story was revealed that Marvel's contract with Sony they made it so he can't lose his virginity before the age of 16 or something

That's such a weirdly specific thing to put in a contract. I can't imagine a bunch of stuffy old executives discussing how old Peter had to be before he lost his virginity. 

Honestly, I can't see Marvel even addressing tho.