CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

17 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

And they’re still overestimate the Sunday drop. -44.5%? Really now Disney?

I think actuals gonna show flat to increase from last weekend 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

July 19th 2019. 

Marvel should either move up A4's release date to match the current OS release or they move back the OS release to May 3rd. 

I don't really know if TLK will beat any record.

To far out.

It could of course beat the Dom one, but I doubt it'll beat the OS or world wide one.

As it most likely won't release in China on that date (and Spain at least also the weekend after that)

But on the other hand.. never say never.:lol:

Edited by Taruseth

Just now, CJohn said:

Rampage died this weekend. 100M are DEAD. 400M WW are beyond DEAD.

400 not dead...not yet. 135 is locked according to the latest in China with a shot at 140.

93 dom + 137 china = 230

145 os-china gives 230+145 = 375

France (May 2), Germany (May 10), Poland (May 11), Japan (May 18) to come.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

And they’re still overestimate the Sunday drop. -44.5%? Really now Disney?

I think actuals gonna show flat to increase from last weekend 

If the bump was from double bills they may not have them on Sunday

Edited by TalismanRing

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Rampage died this weekend. 100M are DEAD. 400M WW are beyond DEAD.

$100M isn’t looking likely but $400M still seems in play. It was always going to have a big drop cause of IW and it should recover nicely in the next few weekends. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Can we also talk about the incredible fact that Ready Player One is going to do nearly $600m overall? 

That is a huge number for that film.  

Considering a handful of people thought it was going to be a bomb, it's done very well. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Just broke the record but there is only 19 people in this thread. Wtf BOT

:hahaha:

lol yeah as soon as the official estimate # came out people bolted smh

Spoiler

not that I'm here that much anymore myself unfortunately :ph34r:

What astonishes me over and over are how the trades get these estimates so wrong, so early.

Variety was the first to report Friday and said:  $95-100M Fri / $225M OW.

Where is the due diligence in those numbers?  For example, that Thursday number blew Ultron out of the water, yet if IW made $95M for it’s true Friday, it would have actually been lower than Ultron??

Do they not hire any box office analysts with background in actual box office?

Simple math, previous MCU films, user ratings, etc. we’re indicators after the Thursday number came out that $105M should be the floor for Friday.

And from there you set the Saturday at a minimum of $75M.  And you arrive at a much more accurate early estimate of $240M... with room to grow, as the film has done.

Missing this by over $30M from your first estimate is just sloppy when you figure they should be experts in the field.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Considering a handful of people thought it was going to be a bomb, it's done very well. 

I said it could get 400 OS and I was laughed at. Don't doubt Spielberg's clout abroad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Empire City doesn't bother me at all and I'm baffled why anyone is bothered by him. I like that he gives out early numbers and is sort of cocky. Cocky is only bad if you are a jerk and he hasn't come off as a jerk to me.

I agree completely. As someone that mostly just reads, this site can be a bit of a circle jerk amongst the same 20 posters, it’s refreshing to see someone  not sucking baumers dick.  Lol. 

And yeah ear I would describe him as cocky, not really rude or an asshole. Baumer is an asshole, but I also kinda like his style too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I was very pleasantly surprised by it. I only went to it because my sister was in town and offered to watch the kids so me and my wife wanted to do dinner and a movie and that was the only thing out. I was kinda interested in it, my wife was not interested at all. We both ended up liking it a lot. I feel the marketing failed it domestically. I though it was essentially going to be Gamer 2 based on the marketing but it was much more. WB seriously needs to revamp their marketing department. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostbusters! said:

I agree completely. As someone that mostly just reads, this site can be a bit of a circle jerk amongst the same 20 posters, it’s refreshing to see someone  not sucking baumers dick.  Lol. 

And yeah ear I would describe him as cocky, not really rude or an asshole. Baumer is an asshole, but I also kinda like his style too. 

I like Baumer as well.