CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

16 minutes ago, Amazing Amy said:

Where is the highest overseas gross list? Surely IW should end up at #3 there?

No 2, without China

No 1 is tFoF, with massive contribution from China

Rank Movie Title Opening % of
Total
Total Gross
1 The Fate of the Furious $443,150,534 43.9% $1,009,996,733
2 Avengers: Infinity War $380,000,000 100.0% $380,000,000

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Avengers has joined Paranormal Activity by decreasing with its sequel but increasing with the threequel. 

(Ignoring the fact that Civil War was technically Avengers 3). 

What other franchises have done this, besides Paranormal Activity and now Avengers? 

* The Purge increased from 1 to 2 to 3. 

Jack Ryan

Spider man 3 worldwide 

I think it is being overlooked how the complexity of the movie will fuel a ton of repeat viewings and accordingly legs.  Viewing 3 today - viewing 4 scheduled for next weekend.  Personally watched avengers 1 and 2 exactly once in theaters.  In fact Guardians 2 and Thor 3 the only ones I watched more than once..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Avengers has joined Paranormal Activity by decreasing with its sequel but increasing with the threequel. 

(Ignoring the fact that Civil War was technically Avengers 3). 

What other franchises have done this, besides Paranormal Activity and now Avengers? 

The first Star Wars trilogy

The second Star Wars trilogy

The first three Indiana Jones films

The Scary Movie series

• Like 1

Now that's more like it!

And the movie ended up at $83 million which was RTH higher end range.

Fantastic,

My Sunday's projection: $72,100,000 (-13.2%) (Yes, please tell me this way too high like my $77 million original Saturday projection. It blew past this number like it was nothing.)

WEEKEND OPENING RECORD: $261,084,000

:)

• Like 1
  • Astonished 4

Just now, VGPOP said:

My Sunday's projection: $72,100,000 (-13.2%) (Yes, please tell me this way too high like my $77 million original Saturday projection. It blew

I like your thinking. Its probably wrong but I like it!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I think it is being overlooked how the complexity of the movie will fuel a ton of repeat viewings and accordingly legs.  Viewing 3 today - viewing 4 scheduled for next weekend.  Personally watched avengers 1 and 2 exactly once in theaters.  In fact Guardians 2 and Thor 3 the only ones I watched more than once..

you can't be serious, it was super easy to follow

4 minutes ago, justvision said:

No 2, without China

No 1 is tFoF, with massive contribution from China

Rank Movie Title Opening % of
Total
Total Gross
1 The Fate of the Furious $443,150,534 43.9% $1,009,996,733
2 Avengers: Infinity War $380,000,000 100.0% $380,000,000

Like almost half of F8 is from China lol.

35 minutes ago, jjack339 said:

I think it will do better. The WOM I am hearing from people is WOM I have not heard from a Marvel movie since The Avengers 1 and prior to Avengers 1 the original Toby Spider-Man.

(Please note- most of the people I am references are casual Marvel fans, they see most of the movies in the theater, maybe skip a few but makes sure to catch on BluRay)

With every other Marvel it has ranged from that was cool to that was great, but then the conversation immediately movies on to how it fits into the bigger MCU. With IW I am seeing a big change, people are discussing the movie and the elements within. I mean I spent an hour on messenger yesterday with my 2 brothers dissecting the movie, we never did this for any other Marvel movie besides TA1, and maybe GoTG1 to a lessor extent. 

This movie is generate you have to see this NOW buzz, people are getting told if they don't see it now someone is bound to ruin it for them. 

These 2.3 to 2.5 multiplier predictions don't make much sense to me.

This movie is the cinematic event of the year and it's dense, really well received, and therefore begs for repeat viewings. 

Besides that, I suspect that Disney is (once again) underestimating that Sunday number, and it will come in closer to 66M.

Looking at the Saturday number, the only movies that even come close are The Avengers (78.6M adjusted) and Jurassic World (77.5M adjusted).  Both of those movies were around a 3X multiplier (JW was actually higher).

I think those two films are the also the best comparisons, but that preview number makes me think IW is a little more front loaded.  

I see something like a 2.9X multiplier off of a 255M weekend for a 740M finish.  Avatar is probably safe domestically, but I think TFA may be in trouble WW.

Edited by LinksterAC