CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Maybe we should celebrate Infinity Wars opening without trying to diminish what the force awakens did. Just a thought.

wasn't TFA opening slightly bigger? 3 years of inflation right

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

TOG:  We will only promote GOOD films.

Disney: The way I see it 

***SLAM***

Disney: we can promote whatever we want.

TOG proceeds to get taken out by the Disney bigwigs, after suggesting they try their hands at smaller films. 

Disney: We Are Disney!!!

• ...wtf 1

There ain't no way in hell I'm reading the last 40 pages of this thread. :lol:

So instead I'll just say congrats to Infinity War for breaking the opening weekend record.  Records are meant to be broken after all. :)

(And, yes, I DID think it had a strong chance to do so before this weekend started -  Didn't think about it that hard, but a total of about 254-258 or so was my threshold of "not a surprise".  Be funny if it lands there after all. :))

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Maybe we should celebrate Infinity Wars opening without trying to diminish what the force awakens did. Just a thought.

Exactly because both are incredible. What TFA did and what Infinity War is doing are what originally got me into box office tracking and what brought me back to it (well TLJ is what actually brought me back, then BP helped but you get my drift). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

TOG:  We will only promote GOOD films.

Disney: The way I see it 

***SLAM***

Disney: we can promote whatever we want.

You said something similar like 25 pages ago,  but to loop back:

THIS

THIIIIIIIS

T

H

I

SSSSS

Do Not Doubt Disney Marketing. It will be Not Be Stopped. Solo. Incredibles. MARY POPPINS. Captain Effing Marvel. A4. They are all coming for your wallets. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

That been going on a lot baumer?  Like I said, there ain't no way in hell I'm reading the last 40 pages of this thread. :lol:

===

Why folks can't say BOTH opening weekends are equally historic and great in their own rights (if differently) is beyond me.  I for one am not going to try to denigrate or diminish or re-contextualize Infinity War's OW.

Instead, I will simply do this:

1S8lSyy.gif

Mutual respect as it were. Goes a long way, you know. ;)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

wasn't TFA opening slightly bigger? 3 years of inflation right

TFA OW adjusts to 261m, and that was during December right before the Holidays hit.

I don’t think you can diminish TFA or IW, but it’d be silly to act like IW is trouncing on TFA or something.  Especially when you look at its DOM total.

This had some crazy weekend business though.  I think it’s likely there’ll be some spillover into the next few days.  I’m still not sure what legs will look like.  I could see it potentially developing decent legs, but there’s just certain aspects about the film that make me skeptical about it being able to leg better than Ultron.

• Like 1