CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

13 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

1. I don't really see that. It will be difficult to do so though, especially since BP is gonna get close to 700m. MCU multis for sequels are pretty low.

2. This is no where near as shocking as JW OW IMO. A lot of people here were predicting the OW record would go down, and those that didn't still said 220m or so. JW had a lot of predictions for a sub-150m OW.

JW had predictions around 100-110. Maybe a few optimistic people around 130. It completely blew those expectations out of the water. 

• Like 1

Marvel's running out of characters tho, I mean Black Panther and Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel are the last of the properties Feige's been talking about from the beginni*buys X-Men*

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

OPENING WEEKEND: INFINITY WAR vs AGE OF ULTRON

Brazil: $18.8m vs $12.6m

France: $17.7m vs $12.5m

Mexico: $25.1m vs $18.7m

India: $18.6m vs $7.7m

UK: $42.2m vs $27.4m

South Korea: $39.2m vs $23.1m

Germany: $14.7m vs $9.4m

Thailand: $10m vs $4.2m

Philippines: $12.5m vs $7.4m

ENJOY THIS!

Guess Australia wasn't impressive enough....

23m vs 12.2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Okay they should be commended. But they didn't build it from nothing. Over 50 years of Marvel comics helped out.

Iron Man wasn't the most popular character in 2008, stop being dense. 

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Marvel's running out of characters tho, I mean Black Panther and Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel are the last of the properties Feige's been talking about from the beginni*buys X-Men*

ICON

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

No one here thinks it can outgross Black Panther?

I'm hoping to see this have a multiplier similar to JW. I mean, if it's opening weekend is just as surprising as JW was, why can't it's run be similar?

With a $254m ow (cause you know, it's gonna go up with actuals), i'd love to see it's dom total be at $793m. 

WW, there is no way IW doesn't make more than BP. For DOM, it will be harder since IW is going to have its legs hurt due to much greater competition than BP saw. I could still see it happening though. It'll be close. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it managed.

For now, I'd be happy with 2.5x to get it to 630M since that's what I predicted in the IW over 500M club. 😁

33 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

You're obviously in the minority. Why can't you just let the fans enjoy it? Instead of just trying to rain on others parade

You've been here long enough to know that no film is beyond reproach. There are no sacred cows here.

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Iron Man wasn't the most popular character in 2008, stop being dense. 

Lol so what? The Paramount marketing team helped sell him to a wider audience sure. But they had a great character to work with thanks to the Marvel comics.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Lol so what? The Paramount marketing team helped sell him to a wider audience sure. But they had a great character to work with thanks to the Marvel comics.

A character that everyone hated just a year ago thanks to Civil War.