CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Without him, there is no Avengers either.

I know he got 20M upfront for Civil War. My guess is that he got 40-50M upfront for Avengers 3 + Avengers 4. The rest came from his backend deal.

I remember him saying he got in total 70M for the first Avengers.

There were multiple different contracts and part of why Marvel now ties them into longer ones from the get go.  

The first Avengers and IM3 were part of his second contract where he mostly got paid a negotiated %.  Avengers 3 & 4 were negotiated off the back of the first Avengers so terms might have been more up front with a different % or set of bonuses off the back end.  It's the deal he wouldn't sign until his Avengers cast mates got new deals.

CW and SM:HC were out of contract and each deal had to be negotiated separately. 

There was an interview after IM3 where the interviewer asked about how much he got paid and he cackled saying it was true and that some folks were not happy that the % deal turned out that way.   Ike must have been apoplectic. :lol:

Guys my fault, but let's put a lid of this kind of incendiary discussions.  Too many people get too heated.  Lets get rid of the political discussion.

• Like 3

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, baumer said:

Guys my fault, but let's put a lid of this kind of incendiary discussions.  Too many people get too heated.  Lets get rid of the political discussion.

We do have a politics forum if you guys want to discuss this as well. The weekend thread is not the place for politics. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Jeff Bezos has a home in Medina, Washington with 59 bathrooms. I know kids in high school who went to bed hungry most nights and hadn't even seen a dentist in their life. Please give me one reason outside of "they can" why someone should have so much uneeded luxury, like 59 bathrooms, when so many people are working hard and still making jack squat. Yes, they can, but that doesn't mean they should - I can cheat on my significant other, or run out on my kid, or act like an asshole, but I don't! Because it isn't right. Yes, I know it's "moral bullshit," but morals matter to me. And RDJ is way, way, way less guilty than many others. But I ain't gonna weep for him getting one misleading article about how many millions he makes written about him.

Anyway, I can't believe I'm saying this, but can we please, please get back to talking about Infinity Stones or something? I didn't mean for this to happen when I made one comment. 

edit- posted before I saw warning

Edited by jjack339

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, The Dark World was lame as shit. If Ant-Man 2 is of quality with their later films, I see no reason why it can't jump to $250M like Captain America did.

TWS was also awesome and it's lead had a lead role in The Avengers  (also adjusts to $282m now domestic)

In the Ant-Man over $100m club I lay out my reasons for being Out.  I do think it can open in the $80s though and do around DS numbers.

I hope Rampage can add 3x this weekend to it's cume but could be difficult. 2.5x more gets 7.2*2.5 + 78 = 96.

I think it will manage 94 if not more. China is looking at 135+ so 94+136=230 is the minimum from these 2 markets combined.

Rest of OS is looking at minimum 140 without France, Germany, Japan and Poland.

So 230+140=370 requiring 30 more from those 4 markets for 400 ww. 

Luckily I put EC in my ignore user list to get rid of his shit, I mean, who cares his number? I pledged my loyalty to Rth and willing to wait longer for the number which sooner or later be on mojo anyway. 

If his number must be come with shit in package....I will rather wait...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 2

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

btw I think @ZattMurdock is right on Ant-Man and the Wasp hitting 300M. The Infinity War (and BP) boost will be real. Same deal with Captain Marvel

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

this reminds me of people saying Thor 2 would make $300 million because of the avengers. and thor was actually in the avengers.

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yea I think Coolio is kinda right. There's a precedent for how much the sequels jump after an Avengers movie, and the math doesn't add up to Ant-Man being that huge - unless there is just some huge groundswell of undercover Ant-Man fans waiting to be tapped in to.

Big difference between 250 and 300, also. I can def see 250 (I'm at about 240 right now). 300 is a big, big jump

There's a reason why ANT-MAN AND THE WASP and CAPTAIN MARVEL will blow up. Yes, it's called INFINITY WAR, but not all it's revealed... yet. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, a2k said:

I hope Rampage can add 3x this weekend to it's cume but could be difficult. 2.5x more gets 7.2*2.5 + 78 = 96.

I think it will manage 94 if not more. China is looking at 135+ so 94+136=230 is the minimum from these 2 markets combined.

Rest of OS is looking at minimum 140 without France, Germany, Japan and Poland.

So 230+140=370 requiring 30 more from those 4 markets for 400 ww. 

China is bumped to around 150 mill

• Astonished 1

This April will be the first $1B April (is at ~$987M with updated IW estimate).

So this year had the first $1B February and will have the first $1B April, so only September and October never were above $1B (or to be honest $800M)

Also did Disney (for what it's worth) took the February Opening Weekend record from 20th Century Fox and the April record from Universal, so they now have February (Black Panther), March (Beauty and the Beast), April (Avengers: Infinity War), May (The Avengers) and December (The Force Awakens) so five month, same number as WB (January, July, September, October), Universal has June and Lionsgate November.

• Like 1