CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Just now, ThiagoMaia said:

Yeah, I figured as much, but couldn't quite remember the statistical tests I learned in college, and didn't have to the time to research more. The high correlation gave me hope, though. Still probably better than a gut feeling...

It’s something but it’s really easy to get significant figures with so few data points.  It’s a way of “p-hacking” where you can force the data to turn out the significant results you want (this isn’t always intentional).

At least in your case the R squared was low enough (0.015 is very low, if that’s what it was) to indicate the model probably wasn’t a good explanation of the data.

Just now, NoLegMan said:

DP 1 also had V-Day it could be more frontloaded this time around.

DP1 having V-day actually made it more frontloaded than it would have been because of the Sunday drop which was non-existent. 

But regardless a sequel to a well known comic book movie is going to be frontloaded 

Just now, Nova said:

DP1 having V-day actually made it more frontloaded than it would have been because of the Sunday drop which was non-existent. 

But regardless a sequel to a well known comic book movie is going to be frontloaded 

Good point, I expected some sort of front load anyways but I'm curious if it can live up to its spot on marketing.

8 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

top playdates 29-Apr
all AIW

1-AMC Burbank
2-AMC Empire 25, New York City
(Combined with E-walk across the road ,#1 and in the stratosphere)
3-AMC Lincoln Square, New York City
4-Regal Irvine Spectrum
5-Regal Kaufman Astoria, Astoria NY
6-Regal Atlantic Station , Atlanta GA
7-Pac Arclight Hollywood
8-AMC Tyson Corner, Mclean VA
9-Regal Ontario Palace CA
(Combined with Ontario Mills #2)
10-AMC Orange 30
11-Regal LA Live Stadium
12-Regal Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn NY
13-AMC Disney Springs, Orlando FL
14-Pac Glendale 
15-PAc Arclight Sherman Oaks
16-Regal New Roc City
17-AMc 34st , New York City
18-AMc Metreon , San Francisco
19-CPLX Scotiabank, Toronto CA
20-Regal Houston Marq Stadium

Top Canada
1-CPLX Scotiabank, Toronto CA,2-CPLX Banque Scotia Montreal, 3-CPLX Winston Churchill, Oakville ON, 4-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook Calgary AB< 5-CPLX Queensway Etobicoke ON

Where would George St slot into the list?

5 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

be happy with a 69

Image result for avengers 69

Yes my bad. Sorry I got a little over my head and forgot that 69 was the real holy number for the Asgard.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Good point, I expected some sort of front load anyways but I'm curious if it can live up to its spot on marketing.

It's going to have a big OW no matter what. I think the quality of it will determine if it swings $5-10M one way or the other but for example if it's bad I'm not expecting a $100M weekend. Similarly if it's good I'm not expecting a $200M weekend 😂 More like it has a range of roughly $130M-150M and the quality will determine whether it hits under or over or gets right in the middle. 

The quality will most effect its legs more than the OW though. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bamajagala said:

AIW is tearing up the evening shows in LA and NY.  I wouldn't doubt that it reaches 30m today, in fact I would lean that way.  Momentum should carry big time into weekend 2.  I'm betting a 45% drop for 141m (40+54+47) or more.  850-875 final domestic tally.  I'm not an MCU fan by any means and a big SW fan, but numbers are numbers and one shouldn't underestimate what this freight train is capable of.  

Maybe if schools were partially out (30% instead of 3%).  25 would be a huge number.  Dropping the same % as Avengers would be $23m

Avengers - $57m Sunday =- 66.7% drop = $18.9m Monday  - and it was a week later with a bit more school out

18 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

if Infinity War has the same per theater average as Black Panther did for its second weekend (111.7 weekend), it would make 124.27 

Thursday - 16, 333.7 total.

Weekend # 2

Friday - 32

How do you figure a less than 100% Friday jump the first week of May and school's not out?  Avengers did 130% - even with higher than usual weekdays - and that was the low end for an MCU May Friday jump.

23 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

top playdates 29-Apr
all AIW

1-AMC Burbank
2-AMC Empire 25, New York City
(Combined with E-walk across the road ,#1 and in the stratosphere)
3-AMC Lincoln Square, New York City
4-Regal Irvine Spectrum
5-Regal Kaufman Astoria, Astoria NY
6-Regal Atlantic Station , Atlanta GA
7-Pac Arclight Hollywood
8-AMC Tyson Corner, Mclean VA
9-Regal Ontario Palace CA
(Combined with Ontario Mills #2)
10-AMC Orange 30
11-Regal LA Live Stadium
12-Regal Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn NY
13-AMC Disney Springs, Orlando FL
14-Pac Glendale 
15-PAc Arclight Sherman Oaks
16-Regal New Roc City
17-AMc 34st , New York City
18-AMc Metreon , San Francisco
19-CPLX Scotiabank, Toronto CA
20-Regal Houston Marq Stadium

Top Canada
1-CPLX Scotiabank, Toronto CA,2-CPLX Banque Scotia Montreal, 3-CPLX Winston Churchill, Oakville ON, 4-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook Calgary AB< 5-CPLX Queensway Etobicoke ON

Surprised not to see Moore Warren on there

Can someone tell me what number would be considered very good for IW for Monday ? Not something crazy, like the 300 million ow, just something very good that would give early signs of great legs ?

Edited by Thrylos 7