CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Can someone tell me what number would be considered very good for IW for Monday ? Not something crazy, like the 300 million ow, just something very good that would give early signs of great legs ?

I believe anything more than 23+ million would be a great sign

• Like 1

Can someone tell me what number would be considered very good for IW for Monday ? Not something crazy, like the 300 million ow, just something very good that would give early signs of great legs ?

25-30m would be impressive but Monday could be hard to tell if it’s legs or weekend spillover

The Avengers' Monday drop would give Infinity War 22.9M, so anything larger than that would be amazing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Likely gonna be around 22m

very good would be 25m+

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Well just going by Avengers, it had a $19m Monday.  So something like 23-25m would be very solid.  30m would be gangbusters over performance.

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Surprised not to see Moore Warren on there

Ticket prices on the coasts are almost double what they are in the midwest. It's very difficult for even a city like Houston to crack the top 20, let alone a much smaller market like OKC. Heck, Chicago is not even present in Rth's list.

Here is tonight's 7:00 PM RPX showing at the Irvine (CA) Spectrum with almost two hours until showtime. Each of these seats sells for $19.70. There is no doubt this screen was sold out all weekend and it probably played 6+ times a day on this screen. It's also playing on several other screens at this cineplex. This is how the cineplexes in the LA and NYC areas rack up such massive grosses.

OY60Cpa.png

• Like 1

Just now, LonePirate said:

Ticket prices on the coasts are almost double what they are in the midwest. It's very difficult for even a city like Houston to crack the top 20, let alone a much smaller market like OKC. Heck, Chicago is not even present in Rth's list.

Here is tonight's 7:00 PM RPX showing at the Irvine (CA) Spectrum with almost two hours until showtime. Each of these seats sells for $19.70. There is no doubt this screen was sold out all weekend and it probably played 6+ times a day on this screen. It's also playing on several other screens at this cineplex. This is how the cineplexes in the LA and NYC areas rack up such massive grosses.

OY60Cpa.png

A theater with choices for wheelchair users, wish my theater had better than front row accessible seats/ 

57 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

Competition, mainly. The biggest film BP had to deal with during it's first 2 months was A Wrinkle In Time. Within 1 month, Infinity War will have Deadpool 2 and Solo to deal with. They will have bigger opening weekends (Both in the $120-$150 million range) than A Wrinkle In Time has made total

Solo may actually soften IW's drop that weekend due to double features. 

1 minute ago, MonstersandRoy said:

If US is acting similar to the screening in UK I was at tonight, then I think Monday is going $32-$36m. Hardly a seat in sight. US and UK are kind of similar with these "event" movies. 

anything past 32 seems extremely unlikely.

weekday predictions (Mon-Thurs)

Infinity War - 76.0 - 333.70

A Quiet Place - 3.50 -152.03

Rampage - 2.00 - 80.03

I Feel Pretty - 3.10 - 32.72

Black Panther - 1.37 - 689.73

Super Troopers - 1.32 - 23.53

Blocker - 1.02 - 54.27

Truth or Dare - 0.82 - 36.19

Ready Player - 0.80 - 131.61

Traffik - 0.60 - 7.39

Isle of Dogs - 0.53 - 27.58