CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

The Wikipedia source, for those curious. The other top pages paint a pretty nice picture for Marvel as well. Would be cool if we had some comparisons to other record breakers though.

I'm rather surprised to see Adam Warlock that far up

We might not have to wait until next weekend to gauge IW’s chances at reaching $700m. 

I just want want to say again that that OW is absolutely incredible. It actually happened. $250m in a single weekend. Wow! 

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Marvel really owns this decade! Starting with the first Avengers...now to Infinity War.

$257M OW deserved. Any guess how much it could gross today?

The general target is $22-23 million. 

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

And before a certain user brings up "WW", I would note what the following two images say:

And, yes, SW saluted James Cameron a couple of decades later.  Cameron was supposedly "touched" at the gesture and thanked George Lucas privately soon afterwards.  Why he didn't continue the tradition, I have no idea.  

It's a little thing, so I tend not to think about it too much.  

Then again, because it WAS a little thing, it does make me note it slightly, even as I move on. ;)

It's actually pretty obvious. Jim is good friends with Locust and who wasn't happy with Disney.

28 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's actually pretty obvious. Jim is good friends with Locust and who wasn't happy with Disney.

George Lucas (your auto correct spell checker must be off, BTW) is very happy with how Disney is treating SW right now, but that's besides the point. 

As for my thoughts regarding all of this?  Kindness and courtesy (along with a dash of humility) costs very little in time and thought, but often reaps much bigger rewards.  As does having a healthy sense of humor regarding things.

But if he doesn't want to take part in these little rituals, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Or really begrudge it, for that matter.  As I said I'll simply make a small note of it and move on. :)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

The general target is $22-23 million. 

Seems high to me,  I'd say 20-22 is the target.  But I suppose since we're guessing at what level spillover will be it could very well end up that high. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

We might not have to wait until next weekend to gauge IW’s chances at reaching $700m. 

I just want want to say again that that OW is absolutely incredible. It actually happened. $250m in a single weekend. Wow! 

nope we wont have to wait.  23m monday locks 700m. 24m makes 800m probable

i think itll be close to 24m based on sundays hold

6 minutes ago, POTUS said:

nope we wont have to wait.  23m monday locks 700m. 24m makes 800m probable

i think itll be close to 24m based on sundays hold

Ill hold you to that 

• Like 1