Eric Atreides

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

23 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I like how they emphasis "In theater". But the buzz is remain low so far and not sure how paramount can restart its buzz all over again. Also, as a major studio like paramount, the studio has been very low profile throughout this season, how can they survived this quiet place for so long?  

Seem like they know they can't compete in streaming platform, they going full for theater. Now they give 45days window for AQP2 , I hope they give 60days when normalcy fully resume

Looks really good, if I’m vaccinated at some point in the next month I’ll probably see it in June/July (hopefully it sticks around in cinemas).

The hype for the film was there back in early 2020 but it definitely feels muted at the moment, it’s a shame we’ll never know what it’d have done in a pre-COVID marketplace, I think it might have actually been able to increase on the original.

Edited by SnokesLegs

Yep, there was hype for this in pre covid times. now, it's pretty hard to start over the marketing campaign. they released most of the material.

i hope for 50M, but realistically  i don't think it can even beat GvsK

21 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Yep, there was hype for this in pre covid times. now, it's pretty hard to start over the marketing campaign. they released most of the material.

Unaided awareness of the film’s existence is probably through the roof in the UK though considering it was plastered all over buses for at least 6 months last year😂

• Astonished 1

8 hours ago, Maggie said:

Given all the progress we have made from GVK time, both in cinema reopening and covid cases/ vaccination, this would be truly disastrous if AQP2 didn't gain any from GVK number. And it is not like AQP did any lower than monster Verse during Pre covid time.

50m is the goal if no cinema is gone

33 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Not expecting this to be as acclaimed as the first, but anything above 90% would make this be the most well received mainstream release right? 

As far as I know yes, although we have heard some good things about Cruella too.