Eric Duncan

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Reviews are ok, but this needed glowing reviews to gain some hype. I feel like it's DOA. Maybe Par should have kept that September 2021 release date. Don't know if would have helped, just delaying the inevitable flop

I think 28 May is a decent spot. 2nd half of the year is too crowded. 

And the reviews is positive enough to have hype the buzz.

Edited by Borobudur
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Maggie said:

Reviews are ok, but this needed glowing reviews to gain some hype. I feel like it's DOA. Maybe Par should have kept that September 2021 release date. Don't know if would have helped, just delaying the inevitable flop

you need to redefine “flop”. We’re in a pandemic. 

89% 37 Reviews.

CRITICS CONSENSUS

A nerve-wracking continuation of its predecessor, A Quiet Place Part II expands the terrifying world of the franchise without losing track of its heart.

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

you need to redefine “flop”. We’re in a pandemic. 

89% 37 Reviews.

well, i compare it to the first movie. I know we're in a pandemic, but there's no excuse to make less that GvsK OW and it looks to be headed that way

what's your framework for success for this movie?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maggie said:

well, i compare it to the first movie. I know we're in a pandemic, but there's no excuse to make less that GvsK OW and it looks to be headed that way

what's your framework for success for this movie?

Why is there no excuse for it to make less than GvsK opening weekend? That film cost 12 x more than A Quiet Place 2 to make and has a fanboy audience. 

AQP2 was tracking around $50m OW before coronavirus (source: THR). The biggest horror opening during the pandemic has been Spiral with $8.7m. 

anyway: 90%, 48 reviews.