Eric Atreides

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

Just now, Alli said:

Paramount really has a death wish..

Tbh I'd worry more about Invisible Man. A Quiet Place 1 had incredible WoM and broke out like crazy. Unless AQP 2 is garbage, I expect it to grow immensely on it's OW.

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Tbh I'd worry more about Invisible Man. A Quiet Place 1 had incredible WoM and broke out like crazy. Unless AQP 2 is garbage, I expect it to grow immensely on it's OW.

I liked AQP, but Invisible Man could be a real threat. don't underestimate blumhouse

Just now, Alli said:

I liked AQP, but Invisible Man could be a real threat. don't underestimate blumhouse

Blumhouse puts out great content and personally I'm more excited for Invisible Man, but AQP has name recognition and prior engagement that Invisible Man doesn't.

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Blumhouse puts out great content and personally I'm more excited for Invisible Man, but AQP has name recognition and prior engagement that Invisible Man doesn't.

true. anyway, i believe one of them will move.

Just now, Litio said:

Bad release date. If current release dates hold, this will be the third monster movie in only 2 weeks. They will alienate audience. Please no :stretcher:

I'd say Invisible Man is less monster and more pure horror. I do think it and AQP 2 are too similar to co-exist though.

16 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I'd say Invisible Man is less monster and more pure horror. I do think it and AQP 2 are too similar to co-exist though.

True. I think an august release would be better for Invisible Man. It's very quiet there. I mean, Invisible Man is the first movie of a possible franchise. It needs a quiet slot to breakout.

• Like 1

Krasinski has already talked about how the second film gives an opportunity to further play in and explore the world set up in the first film:

"It's not like Alien or Jaws where the main villain is the thing you're repeating; it's an actual entire set of rules and the circumstance that the world has undergone that you can play in very different facets."

"I don't even see it as a sequel. Emily [Blunt] actually blew my mind by categorizing it the correct way after I pitched it to her. She said,"This isn't a sequel at all — this is the second book in a series of books. It's a widening of a world.' And I thought that's the best way to look at it. It doesn't feel like a sequel — it's a continuation of living in that world."

I'm cautiously optimistic that we could get a strong sequel out of this.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Krasinski has already talked about how the second film gives an opportunity to further play in and explore the world set up in the first film:

I'm cautiously optimistic that we could get a strong sequel out of this.

Peace,

Mike

Love the sound of that!

• Like 1

The two things that have me interested in actually seeing this are Blunt and Krasinski. Her acting and his direction were great in the first. 

The major problem i have with the first is the complete way they disregarded their own rules in order to set up fake intensity/tension; mainly in the last act. 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:36 PM, CoolPlutoNash said:

I can see this having a bit of a drop-off tbh. Don't really think the concept really works a second time around.

That is my concern. The basic idea worked great in the first film, but might well be a one shot concept: simply won't work very well second time around.