Eric Duncan

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

So, what happened to the whole "sound frequence" thing she used to defeat the monsters in the first movie? Are they going to ignore that? Looks weird.

Other than that, fine trailer but with a lot of talking. The baby is definitely gonna be a problem that I'm curious to see what the movie is going to do.

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, what happened to the whole "sound frequence" thing she used to defeat the monsters in the first movie? Are they going to ignore that? Looks weird.

Other than that, fine trailer but with a lot of talking. The baby is definitely gonna be a problem that I'm curious to see what the movie is going to do.

When she’s talking about finding other people that’s probably referencing what they discovered in the first movie. She wants to help whoever they can find. 

Looks good over all. I just hope they adhere to the rules they’ve already set up unlike the first movie did in the last act. 

5 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The baby is definitely gonna be a problem that I'm curious to see what the movie is going to do.

Yup, only one solution there. This was a good trailer (as was the one for the first movie) but this series is just SILLY. THERE'S A BABY. BABIES AREN'T SILENT.

• Like 1

Good trailer. Seems like there is going to be way more action in this one than the last one. I'm not sure how much I am on board with that. What made the the first movie so great was the suspense and the silence. The private story it told of a single family. This seems to have more sound, more action, more talking. I'll still be there in the theatre to watch this, the first one was a great cinema experience 

Looks good. I like that the focus of the second film appears to be somewhat different from the first - with greater world building and new characters (love Cillian Murphy) - and that it isn't just going to be a continuation of the exact same. The audience has already been introduced to the central horror element (re: silence) in the first film - so what journey is the second film taking us on? The challenge, then, for this film will be finding that emotional narrative core, once again. The reason why the first film works so well is exactly because it doesn't rely exclusively on its horror premise, and focuses on a family and characters experiencing crisis. It is an affecting experience.

The opening sequence of the trailer is awesome. And of course, for me, Emily Blunt at the centre of the story once again elevates this film for me. Looking forward to checking this out.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ

I’m not sure how well the increased amount of dialogue is going to work out. I think part of the reason the first one was so successful was because of it’s almost complete lack of verbal dialogue. It helped create a sense of tension and unease to the film that helped compensate for the fact that its premise had a few holes in it. Still, I guess I should give kudos to them for not just doing a rehash of the first one. 

reminds me when TWD used to be good. First it was humans vs zombies/aliens, now it's humans vs humans with zombies/aliens as the ever present lurking menace.

it's funny that the older son is now taller than his older sister while the baby son is still a baby.  The timejump doesn't seem to be that big. 

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

reminds me when TWD used to be good. First it was humans vs zombies/aliens, now it's humans vs humans with zombies/aliens as the ever present lurking menace.

it's funny that the older son is now taller than his older sister while the baby son is still a baby.  The timejump doesn't seem to be that big. 

Since the baby had just been born at the end of the first one, this one could take place a year later, but something tells me that isn’t the case.