Eric Duncan

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

4 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Paramount hates money indeed.

Movies of this size can have  a global marketing budget of up to $100 million. They are going to lose at least $50 million because of this move.

Edited by TLK

This was the one movie I was actually looking forward to seeing how it would do (good or bad) in the wake of everything going on. Oh well, still looking forward to it whenever it gets released.

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

Also apparently there are no new wide releases next month...My Spy, get in there!

lol my thoughts exactly. 

25 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Everything is a mess and I bet that, if delays continue, some movies will have to move into 2021. Theaters won't be able to physically accomodate the influx of first half of 2020 movies into the second half. if more delays follow. 

Or someone has to be brave enough to drop a major title onto VOD. Of course the risk here is pissing off major chains...

How strange. I could have sworn I was told in no uncertain terms that it was too late to delay because of all those marketing costs 🤔

I guess professionals do understand the sunk cost fallacy more than random internet armchair theoreists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

How strange. I could have sworn I was told in no uncertain terms that it was too late to delay because of all those marketing costs 🤔

I guess professionals do understand the sunk cost fallacy more than random internet armchair theoreists.

if they do understand that much then why didn't they move the movie few weeks ago?? or at least as soon as No Time to Die moved, they literally could've saved some money on the marketing by delaying it earlier. now they have to start spending more on it to market it for the new date. this will have an inflated marketing budget. 

• Like 1