Eric Atreides

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Essentially the same early September spot where the IT movies made bank but nice to see they're not letting Labor Day weekend go to waste for once.

I imagine The Conjuring will move to late September and swap dates with The Many Saints of Newarks unless the latter gets delayed.

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine The Conjuring will move to late September and swap dates with The Many Saints of Newarks unless the latter gets delayed.

I could see Newark go to spring as a counterprogramming attempt for older audiences.

I think this is a great day for this honestly. Don't @ me with "but the virus" because I'm gonna assume that the situation has calmed down by this point for this prediction, but if this becomes one of the first big movies opening, I wouldn't be surprised at an 80M holiday weekend. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I think this is a great day for this honestly. Don't @ me with "but the virus" because I'm gonna assume that the situation has calmed down by this point for this prediction, but if this becomes one of the first big movies opening, I wouldn't be surprised at an 80M holiday weekend. 

Nothing like celebrating the end of an apocalypse by watching a post-apocalyptic movie!

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Nothing like celebrating the end of an apocalypse by watching a post-apocalyptic movie!

10 hours ago, DAJK said:

Good thing many people are good at separating a movie from reality

I know this was all joking, but as a counter-example I have to think we ain't seeing The Stand remake that was scheduled to be on CBS All Access later this year anytime soon. 

Cuts just a leetle too close to home for many, I think.

(might see it showing up in 2021 tho)

===

*thinks*

Oh wow.  They were still filming in March.  Yeah, that probably ain't being released any time soon. 

Come to think of it, wasn't that near your neck of the woods, sorta/kinda @DAJK? Did you hear if they managed to finish filming or not?

(sorry for the side discussion, but I couldn't find out an answer online easily enough)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

I know this was all joking, but as a counter-example I have to think we ain't seeing The Stand remake that was scheduled to be on CBS All Access later this year anytime soon. 

Cuts just a leetle too close to home for many, I think.

(might see it showing up in 2021 tho)

===

*thinks*

Oh wow.  They were still filming in March.  Yeah, that probably ain't being released any time soon. 

Come to think of it, wasn't that near your neck of the woods, sorta/kinda @DAJK? Did you hear if they managed to finish filming or not?

(sorry for the side discussion, but I couldn't find out an answer online easily enough)

They were actually filming about a block away from where my friend lived. I remember him bringing it up somewhat recently, right before everything went to hell, but I'm not sure if they actually finished shooting or not. 

• Like 1

September is when things could hopefully tone down! But if this film comes out on Labor Day I cant wait to see this forum get all excited when that opening weekend record happens. 

I still have the original on dvd sealed  may give it a watch this summer 

• Like 1

Lol! Make no mistake, after this year (if the film does in fact release on this date; I have my doubts) Labor Day weekend will still be a dead weekend. AQP2 will set the record which will stand forever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">‘Quiet Place 2’ &amp; ‘Top Gun 2’ Moving To 2021 <a href="https://t.co/6Dwh9SUpra">https://t.co/6Dwh9SUpra</a> <a href="https://t.co/rLiVHJ5Bxy">pic.twitter.com/rLiVHJ5Bxy</a></p>&mdash; Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) <a href="https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1286482373421363200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>