Eric Atreides

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

On 12/14/2019 at 1:14 PM, PDC1987 said:

Projecting your own hatred here. The first opened huge but then still pulled down a multi over 3.5, so audiences loved it. A 50% drop would be shocking and a bit inexplicable.

this looks like it'll be very similar to part one, novelty factor wore off... so maybe not 1/2 of the gross but 2/3 yes

Not that anyone asked, but I couldn't get into the first. It was a well-made movie and everything, but the premise is just so god damn absurd and they play it SO seriously. I can't even put dishes away quietly, you're gonna tell me that you can run a fucking farm silently with a bunch of kids and a baby running around? YOU CAN'T OPERATE A FARM SILENTLY. That is all.

• Thanks 1

Got it made already? I still freshly remember the original opening to a shocking 50M first place, barely losing to Dwayne Johnson's Rampage the second weekend. THEN roaring back in week three, to CRUSH Rampage, just as Johnson was about to pat his own back again 😂. Wasnt that expensive make though. 

On 12/14/2019 at 7:14 AM, PDC1987 said:

Projecting your own hatred here. The first opened huge but then still pulled down a multi over 3.5, so audiences loved it. A 50% drop would be shocking and a bit inexplicable.

The good legs of the first movie had the "silent movie gimmick" curiosity to draw people into the theater

I can hardly believe it can be duplicate a second time.

I don't think it's going to open to 50M$ like the first one, and we can absolutely forget the sequel to have legs.

So a drop of 50% will not be shocking at all.

• Thanks 1

On 12/23/2019 at 9:49 AM, sgrave said:

The good legs of the first movie had the "silent movie gimmick" curiosity to draw people into the theater

I can hardly believe it can be duplicate a second time.

I don't think it's going to open to 50M$ like the first one, and we can absolutely forget the sequel to have legs.

So a drop of 50% will not be shocking at all.

Wrong.

Gimmicks don't go beyond opening weekend. The legs occurred because people liked what they saw.