AndyLL

Derby League 2

On 5/16/2018 at 10:30 PM, Wrath said:

Its funny that The Fast and the Furiosa has the best average accuracy score in our group, yet is 1-2. I suspect that record will turn around.

Meanwhile, I have the worst average accuracy, across all the leagues, of anyone to start 3-0 (and only the 6th best average accuracy in League 2). I see many losses in my future.

Rough luck based on opponents lol

I’m up to 4th in average predict score!

I think my primary strength is having opponents inexplicably have their one sub-par week when facing me. Smart money still says I’ll be in the bottom half when this is done.

Watch JJ crush me this week to get the ball rolling.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

arggggg I knew I forgot something!

:gold:

My predicts should have been (for reference)

1. Solo 35.3m

2. Deadpool 22.3m

3. Adrift 16.8m

4. Avengers : Infinity War 12.1m

5. Book club 6.0m

6. Upgrade 3.3m

7. Action Point 3.0m

8. Life of the Party 2.99m

9. Breaking In 2.05m

10. Show Dogs 1.33m

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Premium George said:

Lol wrath is at top just like me. I have a suspicion, we both are not the best players in our group tho.

That’s just crazy! My average prediction score is 6th best out of the 10 in my group!

One doesn’t, almost, but not quite, make it into the top half of one’s group without being a semi-formidible-ish opponent! If that doesn’t scream “excellent” then I don’t know what to tell you... because that’s the best argument I’ve thought of so far.

Edited by Wrath
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Lol I have the 4th highest average score but am 2 for 5 and 8th overall :sparta:

Prior to this week's results, looking at Furiosa's and GambitPool's respective average scores and records is an exercise in saying "How the hell did THAT happen?"

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, Wrath said:

Prior to this week's results, looking at Furiosa's and GambitPool's respective average scores and records is an exercise in saying "How the hell did THAT happen?"

this weeks results... 5 out of the top 12 overall this week came from this league!

@JMorphin is killing me... finally put up a good score only to get shot down again :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having crunched the numbers (through week 8), I'm pretty confident that League 2 (us) is clearly the toughest league of the 5.

We've got:

- Highest average score: 83.98

Then it goes: League 1 83.66, League 5 82.98, League 3 at 82.69 and League 4 at 82.15. Worth noting is that Leagues 1 and 5 both have a person who has missed every round and has a "0" score. I excluded them and just gave them an average off the 9 who have actually played.

- Highest Median score: 85.575

Then it goes: League 4 83.63, League 1 83.31, League 5 82.92, League 3 82.36. I left in the 0, but it just counts as the lowest scoring player, so their median is the average of their #5 and #6 players like everyone else. If I let 1 and 5 use their #5 player instead of the average, it would help them but not enough to catch us. They'd go to 84.09 and 83.9, respectively, good for 2nd place and 3rd place. Its debatable which method is fairer, but either way they're behind us.

- What really makes League 2 tough is its depth. In each league, I ordered the players by average score and compared across leagues (so, #1 person compared to the other #1 people, #2 person vs other #2 people, etc). The league with the highest scoring at the various positions goes:

#1 - League 4 (Bates 89.9)

#2 - League 4 (which is kind of cheating, because its Exxdee, who has an 89.08, but they've missed at least 3 weeks and the "0"s are excluded from the overall average)

#3 - League 4 (Tower 87.86)

#4 - League 4 (Premium George 86.62)

At this point, it looks like League 4 is going to run away with it, right? But that's why you have to go to the end before calling the winner.

#5 - League 2 (me 86.01, remember, this is ranking by average score and I have the 5th best average score in League 2)

#6 - League 2 (JMorphin 85.14)

#7 - League 2 (FancyArcher 84)

#8 - League 2 (GambitPool 81.79)

#9 - League 2 (JJ-8 79.62)

Finally, another league gets into the action:

#10 - League 3 (franfar 74.93)

And while League 4 won the top slots, they tended to win narrowly. But when we won the middle slots, we won by a LOT, and League 4 especially falls off badly in the later slots. FancyArcher's 84 would have been good for either 5th, or RIGHT on the heels of whoever was 5th (84.09 vs 84.00 in League 1, for example). But because League 2 is so deep, its only good for 7th.

Anyway, I hope you found the fruits of my procrastination interesting.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 3

Crap, I think I'm going to lose this one, too. Everything was looking like smooth sailing until the huge jump for Solo from estimated to actual. Seriously, 10+%? Swung it from being a solid lead for me to a rounding error loss. Ugh.

Edited by Wrath

1 hour ago, Wrath said:

Crap, I think I'm going to lose this one, too. Everything was looking like smooth sailing until the huge jump for Solo from estimated to actual. Seriously, 10+%? Swung it from being a solid lead for me to a rounding error loss. Ugh.

tenor.gif?itemid=5927355

...that I win? 

• Thanks 1